IGNORED

Anyone Handy With Car Stereos?

BRISTOL86

Hi Guys

Any of you handy with car electronics/audio matters?

I need to put an original Ford stereo back into my car to replace an aftermarket unit I had professionally installed. No idea where to start or what I would see and do when I take it out and I don't want to bugger it up.

Anyone in the Bristol area who can spare me half hour who knows what they're doing? There's beer in it for you!

Hi Guys

Any of you handy with car electronics/audio matters?

I need to put an original Ford stereo back into my car to replace an aftermarket unit I had professionally installed. No idea where to start or what I would see and do when I take it out and I don't want to bugger it up.

Anyone in the Bristol area who can spare me half hour who knows what they're doing? There's beer in it for you!

Most likely a wiring converter behind the current unit.

Just take the stereo out, unplug the converter loom from the original wiring.

Then all you need to do is fit the original Ford unit.

Job done - live large and give it a go.

Most likely a wiring converter behind the current unit.

Just take the stereo out, unplug the converter loom from the original wiring.

Then all you need to do is fit the original Ford unit.

Job done - live large and give it a go.

What he said.

And if you do muck it up take it to your garage.

I hardly do any of my own maintenance these days (bar refitting my wipers last year) because I can't have my car off the road for the two / three days it might take me to fix things, but it felt great to be driving around in a car where I'd fitted the alternator, water pump, battery, air filter, oil filter and spark plugs. All done on the drive with a Haynes manual and some basic tools plus the odd speciality one (drain plug socket for changing the gear box oil - less than a fiver).

Archived