IGNORED

Stadium Contractors

Slacker

That's brilliant, thanks Phantom for finding the photos. Better not let any Gasheads near the brickwork, Can potential workers be screened, a bit like they do for jury service!

Wasnt St. Mary's built by Portsmouth workers who buried a shirt below the stands or something, Southamptons results were shocking when they moved there.

The same happened at the Emirates. Spurs fans placed a shrine to spurs within the marble walls. I'm sure it took a little while for the gunners to win their first game there

Agreed, Cider. Clarks pies are better priced and popular... but don't forget they're Welsh and sponsor Cardiff http://www.clarkspies.co.uk/

But PM are proper Bristolian, totally local. And better quality. Both maybe? 

I'm not sure if the Cardif one is related to the one up North St, still the original I think. Here is the North St website, funnily enough its currently down. http://www.clarkspies.net/

I'm all for local produce etc.  However, I couldn't care less about the builders as long as they do a good job.  Given that Chris Booy (chairman of Bristol) has a background in the Contstruction Industry (Capita Symonds would have project managed Ashton Vale) we should be in safe hands with the stadium redevelopment.

It's not as if we'll do anything silly like put Scrumpy or the City Cat in charge is it?

Agreed, Cider. Clarks pies are better priced and popular... but don't forget they're Welsh and sponsor Cardiff http://www.clarkspies.co.uk/

But PM are proper Bristolian, totally local. And better quality. Both maybe? 

I think the plan is to bomb Lindleys out (if I remember correctly, but that was a few months ago and with the news that it's an ex-City Cat as Project Manager over the stadium, Gawd only knows...) and an ideal would be a market-style variety of offerings, a bit like the Wednesday stalls on Corn St. 

As I say, though, we're all familiar with City's ability to state one thing and do another, so don't get yr hopes up everyone, until you've got yr chops round one of they pies/pints in a shiny new stadium.

And even then don't count yr chicken 'n' chips...

One can only hope he's come to terms with his prostate problem and stopped peeing in the coffee...

Blimey. They'm dear enough already, Surge, without the usual stadium mark-up being applied. They'm nice, no doubt, but surely too expensive for the football. Dear old Clark's Pies from North Street would be a much more sensible (& local) choice, no?

Good questions. Clark's is, of course, Welsh.

Piemeinster is expensive, but also bloody good.

Who actually makes the pasties at the Mem, I've seen them raved about and sampled them when I went there for the rugby. Surely we can get them onboard, it would be rude not to with us inviting the rugby in.

Who actually makes the pasties at the Mem, I've seen them raved about and sampled them when I went there for the rugby. Surely we can get them onboard, it would be rude not to with us inviting the rugby in.

Them pasties were there long before the squatters moved in yet they claim ownership of thempasties, surely the bragging rights about the pasties should belong to the rugger fans?

Them pasties were there long before the squatters moved in yet they claim ownership of thempasties, surely the bragging rights about the pasties should belong to the rugger fans?

Lets hope they bring 'em with 'em then!

Surely the pastie makers would want to sell to a high flying League 1 club and a Premiership Rugby Club EVERY week rather than a Skrill Conference Club once a fortnight?

In the late 1920s, (Harold, Harry) Percy Clark left his mother Mary to branch out on his own, establishing a shop in North Street, Bedminster, Bristol, where he built his own business. The shop passed to Percy's sons, John, Ken and Roger Clark, who have all since retired. Roger's daughter, Dawn Clark, continues the family tradition as a director of the business, which is still in the original premises on North Street.

Nearly a century of pie-making in Bristol

Archived