IGNORED

Red Trousers Strikes Again

Esmond Million's Bung

I actually think GF is probably right on this one - they had no right to lift that off the wall and then ask for donations to view it.

There's a surprise, Tomarse supporting GF.

GF said it was not in the spirit of Banksy street art to remove it, what definitely isn't in the spirit of Banksy street art is politicians claiming ownership of it and hiding it in a museum or using any profit for another GF crackpot scheme, let Banksy decide I would be surprised if he vetoed the club using any funds to save it from extinction, GF sure as **** won't save the club.

It was probably the right call to remove it, but I did think the claim from that Stinchcombe chap that Banksy must have done it to support the boys club was a bit of a stretch. To be fair, it'd better it goes to support a community organisation than some scrote comes and takes in the middle of the night and sells it on the black market to some city trader in London who sticks it in his bog

There's a surprise, Tomarse supporting GF.

What's that supposed to mean? I disagree with a lot of things he's proposed and I've told him so - BRT2, RPZs amongst other.

I don't agree about budget cuts on funds - just purely the issue that it wasn't the clubs to remove in the first place - only that issue do I agree with.

What's that supposed to mean? I disagree with a lot of things he's proposed and I've told him so - BRT2, RPZs amongst other.

I don't agree about budget cuts on funds - just purely the issue that it wasn't the clubs to remove in the first place - only that issue do I agree with.

Mr Self promoter red trousers hadn't been in the news for a few days, so he decides to prevent a club that has been in existence for as long as I can remember a chance to ease their burden, a club that has done more good for Bristol than GF can ever will (his legacy will be self interest, sound bytes??).

Was Banksy thinking about a struggling under funded youth club or Mr Self promoter when he he left his art work?. 

Me, me, me...........................

Mr Self promoter red trousers hadn't been in the news for a few days, so he decides to prevent a club that has been in existence for as long as I can remember a chance to ease their burden, a club that has done more good for Bristol than GF can ever will (his legacy will be self interest, sound bytes??).

Was Banksy thinking about a struggling under funded youth club or Mr Self promoter when he he left his art work?.

Me, me, me...........................

I wasn't really agreeing with that - I just don't think the club should have taken it.

This view that I'm pro GF is hilarious. I'm generally the most hated bloke in the building - some people have even taken it to fabricate stories of me threatening him, organising boycotts of the bar and I'm definitely not welcome in some of the shops on north street!

I wasn't really agreeing with that - I just don't think the club should have taken it.

This view that I'm pro GF is hilarious. I'm generally the most hated bloke in the building - some people have even taken it to fabricate stories of me threatening him, organising boycotts of the bar and I'm definitely not welcome in some of the shops on north street!

Is North Street that clicky then? I work in the area once awake and although its the sort of area I would normally like I've always felt it was a bit off.

It should be put back where it was - the setting was part of the art work - the secluded back street, the door way.. And what people haven't noticed much is the heart shaped barbwire above the door!

Special delivery? No fun or interest in it.

Get the Weasels on TV angry ... That is fun.

Civic pride is just happening to leave stuff near people who need stuff before. That is self help ... There it is, you need help, take it. That is a street art philosophy going back decades.

What if someone else had nicked it before youth club man got there? I don't believe Banksy put it there in order for it to be nicked by someone and sold to the highest bidder. Doesn't sound like his ethos at all.

How is being annonymous self promoting? What have you done for Bristol?

The elf promoting w4nker can leave something inside / outside the charidee I work in anytime.

Just because he is anonymous doesn't mean he isn't self promoting. He writes on his own website and says 'hey everyone, i've painted something new on a wall somewhere, go and find it'. Or how about when he was in New York and he set up a pop-up booth in Central Park and then proclaimed on his website that he was selling 100% authentic original signed canvases for $60 [uSD] each. He's not a graffiti artist (in fact he never really was as he was shit with a spray can) he's just an artist that's trying to make as much money from pretentious people as possible whilst inflating his own ego. In my mind he's a nob and I don't like the fact that Bristol is known for his sh1t stencils.

Can I just hijack this thread to ask this, does anyone know the answer...after GF has served his term in office do the voting public of Bristol get to vote 'no Mayor' at the election or is it set in stone from now on that we have a Mayor?

I was asked this the other day and realised I didn't know the answer. All I can remember is the Mayor yes/no, but not sure if there is a get out option for the future?

If the youth club didn't take it, somebody else would, and we may have never seen it again. But then again Banksy's art is 'for the people' and should stay in public. Who's to blame? Banksy for picking a stupid location 

:fear:

No blame really.  Banksy's probably chuckling to himself.  Any attention is good attention etc

Fair play to the bloke from the Boys club - he's trying to use this to save the club after all.  Rather that than someone using for their own gain.  

Can I just hijack this thread to ask this, does anyone know the answer...after GF has served his term in office do the voting public of Bristol get to vote 'no Mayor' at the election or is it set in stone from now on that we have a Mayor?

I was asked this the other day and realised I didn't know the answer. All I can remember is the Mayor yes/no, but not sure if there is a get out option for the future?

Apparently the Local Government Act 2000 permits citizens the power to remove elected Mayor's, presumably through some sort of petition/referendum or plebiscite (I do love that word). I've been told it's a fascinating read if you're interested M :yes:

Apparently the Local Government Act 2000 permits citizens the power to remove elected Mayor's, presumably through some sort of petition/referendum or plebiscite (I do love that word). I've been told it's a fascinating read if you're interested M :yes:

Hartlepool got rid of theirs at same time GF was elected I think?

History won't be kind to Ferguson after he's forced RPZs on people, vandalised the central library and taken an unprofessional - and at times downright abusive - approach to dealing with his critics. People like him are exactly the reason that I voted against having an elected mayor.

If only more people could have been arsed to vote against having an elected mayor Michael. 

Archived