IGNORED

How The Hell!?

Lew-T

Amazing how the tempo of our game and urgency increased dramatically as soon as HE was subbed.

Utter bolox we were just as bad, how you can blame JET for that performance I do not know. I was just about to post a similar thread myself. We were clearly already on summer holidays while county where fighting for their lives, when you are down there sometimes things really do conspire against you. If I was a county fan traveling back I would be GUTTED we hadn't won the game, let alone lose it!

Utter bolox we were just as bad, how you can blame JET for that performance I do not know. I was just about to post a similar thread myself. We were clearly already on summer holidays while county where fighting for their lives, when you are down there sometimes things really do conspire against you. If I was a county fan traveling back I would be GUTTED we hadn't won the game, let alone lose it!

If they were on holidays at home today what sort of performance we will get at Stevenage on Monday.

We could of easily lost our last 3 games. And trust me the table wouldn't like to pretty as it does now.

I think we're mathematically safe, because I'd wager that Carlisle won't win their game in hand

Alot are getting too carried away with results and not looking at the overall picture.

Our midfield has been overrun and defence overworked too much this season and i honestly believe we have overtused our get out of jail card.

There is plenty for cotterill to ponder over in the summer and for some to say on here that this team will form the nucleus of a promotion charge next season is an absolute joke

Alot are getting too carried away with results and not looking at the overall picture.

Our midfield has been overrun and defence overworked too much this season and i honestly believe we have overtused our get out of jail card.

There is plenty for cotterill to ponder over in the summer and for some to say on here that this team will form the nucleus of a promotion charge next season is an absolute joke

Completely agree, just see how Notts County kept the ball in all areas and used it affectively.. When we got the ball. Whoosh, Hoof. We're lucky we have a very good striker in this division.

I think our midfield lacks movement, if you want to be at the top end of league we need more fluidity, look how Preston played against us (even with Kilkenny) constant movement in every position, and a very solid defence. We have the defence sorted for now, but the midfield needs working on.

We could of easily lost our last 3 games. And trust me the table wouldn't like to pretty as it does now.

I think we're mathematically safe, because I'd wager that Carlisle won't win their game in hand

As someone else pointed out to me earlier, Stevenage, Notts County and Shrewsbury can't overtake us so that means only one place available. Colchester and Crewe play each other and they are both 7 points behind us so assuming they draw that game Colchester would have to score 14 more goals than us to overtake us....Crewe would have to score something like 29 more goals than us. Carlisle's results don't really matter

Even an eternal pessimist like me is feeling pretty relaxed about the situation :)

Equally we could've easily beaten Swindon and Colchester and got something at Rotherham to be fair, swings and roundabouts

Completely agree, just see how Notts County kept the ball in all areas and used it affectively.. When we got the ball. Whoosh, Hoof. We're lucky we have a very good striker in this division.

I think our midfield lacks movement, if you want to be at the top end of league we need more fluidity, look how Preston played against us (even with Kilkenny) constant movement in every position, and a very solid defence. We have the defence sorted for now, but the midfield needs working on.

To be fair to Cotterill that is how it should be. Get the back sorted, then the midfield and then the forward line except, in our case, that area does not need too much attention if we can hold on to players.

Its much much tighter than that..

If Crewe and Colchester drew, and the teams on 46 points won all of their other seven games - the only scenario in which we could be caught, and even then only by goal difference, a 14-0 by Crewe against us would in fact be enough.

Sleepless nights ahead....

We are safe, barring a 17-0 defeat, because teams below us are playing each other.

Amazing how the tempo of our game and urgency increased dramatically as soon as HE was subbed.

It didn't.  We carried on being dominated by them before they gifted us a winner.  All I saw Barnett do was mistime a header wide, landing as he made contact. He barely broke into a sweat - a similar performance to JET, just without the possibility of any moments of genius.

Archived