IGNORED

How Much Would You Let Sammy Go For?

TNBT

Can't help thinking we're going to struggle keeping hold Sammy for next season with him being in contention for the golden boot, so my question is how much would everyone say is a fair offer if we can't retain his services?

I personally wouldn't take nothing less than 1.25m. If I was in charge I'd be giving him a new 3 year contract with a raise & nice bonus to retain him here, what's everyone else's view on this problem we have & a problem it most definitely is as I can see a lot people wanting his services.

He'd probably go for 1.5 - 2m but I think it will all depend on if he signs a new contract over the summer if he's going to be here next season or not. If he won't sign he'll be gone before august, im fairly confident of that. Were going to want to recoup atleast what we paid for him as a minimum and im fairly confident in saying a few championship teams will happily pay 1.5 mil for a goal scorer especially as he's already proved he can score at that level. Anyway, 2 million would be nice with a decent sell on clause!

The board should be pulling out all the stops to make keeping SB priority number one. We simply will not replace his goals if he goes.

You would hope that the captaincy and the very strong finish to the season would just be sowing those seeds in his head that maybe this could be a strong side for next season with the addition of a couple of key players.

Archived