IGNORED

Improving An Atmosphere

In a recent visit to the Mem to watch Bristol, I found the first rendition of 'Bristol Bristol' initially hard to get into. The reason for this was the key in which it was sung was not what I was used to or expecting. This got me relating this back to City where I struggle to sing certain songs due to it being in a key I find tricky. 'Come on you reds' I almost find myself straining to get the word 'reds' out at times as it hurts my nose and voice box. This means I won't sing it for long. I can't be alone in finding certain chants tricky.

This is why to improve the AG atmosphere I'm proposing when you buy a ticket you must also state which key you would like to sing in that day and the most popular key will be announced a few minutes before kick off where DL will come out with a keyboard and we can have a quick practice in that key. More people singing for longer because it's easier = better atmosphere. 

This is half way to a perfect suggestion. The final part is to get everyone singing at the same tempo. A giant metronome would be slightly impractical so other more imaginative ideas are required - e g a volunteer could bounce up and down on the half way line at the correct speed.

This is half way to a perfect suggestion. The final part is to get everyone singing at the same tempo. A giant metronome would be slightly impractical so other more imaginative ideas are required - e g a volunteer could bounce up and down on the half way line at the correct speed.

Or perhaps a human controlled metronome that could be heard throughout the ground...

a drum perhaps 

I struggle to do the long "ooooohhhhh" for "Doobie Dum", I haven't got that lung capacity.

In contrast to this, I really like singing "Keep The Red Flag Flying High", because I think words that end with an "igh" sound always sound better with a West Country accent.

Tonight my wisdom is courtesy of Old Speckled Hen

That's where the board is going wrong!! Too many sober decisions. Pitch this genius idea to them and you could save the club and walk away with a bit of money for doing so!!

Champions League here we come!! And we'll be singing in tune and in time when we get there!!! YOU REDS

Archived