IGNORED

Pointless Stat Of The Day

bcfctim

If we beat Crawley on the final day, then in the 2nd game against each team this season we will have either equalled or bettered our result from in the corresponding fixture.

i.e if we beat a team first time around then we beat them again. If we drew the first game then we either drew or won the second. And the only games we've lost in the second half of the season have been to teams that beat us first time around (Rotherham, Coventry, Sheff Utd)

Not sure exactly what this shows but it's an interesting one!

The better stat for me is that after Cotterill's first league game we had 15 pts from 20 games and were 5 adrift of safety.

Bradford had 30 pts at that time, we are now 3 pts ahead of them, so under SC have earned 41 whilst they've gained 23.

Massive improvement under him.

Maybe pointless, but certainly encouraging. Got 22 points from the first round, as it were. Got 34 secong leg, with two to go.

Wolves and Brentford also done us twice.

Against teams in the top third of the table, at AG we have amassed three points - three draws and five defeats. Key single area for us to improve next year if we want to push for the play offs is beating some decent teams at AG. The highest placed team we have beat at home is Port Vale.

Haha I am a bit of a stats geek :laugh:

Just something that occured to me and I couldn't think of an example where it didn't happen so I checked it out and there isn't one!

I was thinking along the same lines this afternoon so obviously I'm a stats geek too.

Thanks for doing the work for me!

Would be interesting to know if this has happened before in our history - If you have a bit of spare time on your hands  :closedeyes:

I was thinking along the same lines this afternoon so obviously I'm a stats geek too.

Thanks for doing the work for me!

Would be interesting to know if this has happened before in our history - If you have a bit of spare time on your hands :closedeyes:

Think I might leave that for someone else :P

Archived