IGNORED

Centre Midfield- Who Would You Take Into Next Season?

Aaron-Bcfc

Seen a couple of threads about Pearson, Marv etc asking if people would offer them a deal for next season so thought I'd start a general thread about it.

At the moment we have:

W. Elliott

M. Elliott

Pearson

Pack

Reid

Gillett

Wynter

Kelly

Considering Joe Morrell is also coming through the ranks for me we have far too many players fighting for 1 position. Who would you ship/keep for next season?

Wade Elliot - Offer a one year deal with optional 2nd

Marvein Elliot - Let Go

Pearson - Can play left Mid so id keep him for that reason, good lefties are hard to find

Pack - Keep

Reid - Keep

Wynter - Keep

Kelly - Keep

Gillet - Move On

We will then have 5 CM and 1 who 'could' play CM (Pearson). Unless we move one CM on can't really seeing there being much room for another which is a shame.

Keep Kelly, Pack, Wynter and Ried. Offer Wade a contract.

Kelly, Pack and Wynter, to fight for 1 or 2 DM positions.

While Ried and Wade fight for the more advanced role.

Hopefull team for next season.

Moore(unlikely)

Flint, Osborne, Williams

Moloney, Kelly, Pack, Cunningham

Elliott or Reid

Baldock, JET or Paterson

That's presuming we keep the squad almost the same.

Keep Kelly, Pack, Wynter and Ried. Offer Wade a contract.

Kelly, Pack and Wynter, to fight for 1 or 2 DM positions.

While Ried and Wade fight for the more advanced role.

Hopefull team for next season.

Moore(unlikely)

Flint, Osborne, Williams

Moloney, Kelly, Pack, Cunningham

Elliott or Reid

Baldock, JET or Paterson

That's presuming we keep the squad almost the same.

I really like that line up, though I'd probably go for Fielding ahead of Moore. I think Kelly coming back properly could be huge for us next season.

Flint? Anyone else think that our defense has looked a lot better since his injury?

Our defence started to look better when we made the switch to 3 CBs (Osborne, Flint and Williams). It then got a lot worse when El-Abd was shoehorned in, and got better again when he got suspended/dropped, which purely coincidentally imo coincides with Flint's injury.

Gillett and played well on Sat, think he's been a good player for us has good positioning and break up play nicely. Contracts aside if it was a choice between pack and Gillett who you pick? I know who'd I'd trust.

Pack all day for me. Similar player to Gillet but better in the air and has 5 and a half years on Gillet. Pack's still improving, Gillet's only going to get worse.

W. Elliott - offer a 1 or 2 year deal
M. Elliott - got to go i'm afraid
Pearson - got to go i'm afraid
Pack - keep
Reid - keep
Gillett - undecided
Wynter - keep for U21's/loan out
Kelly - keep

One midfielder who has already proven himself at this level with Crewe and I think who's contract is out at the end of the season is Chuks Aneke. He seems to be a complete midfielder (of similar ilk to Marvin Elliot back in the day) who can score goals - 14 in 39 in the league this season! He is also only 20 years old so fits in with the kind of player we want to sign! If we could get someone like this then I would not bother trying to re-sign Gillet. Given that he is currently at Arsenal, he could possibly be out of our reach but the promise of first team football in a (hopefully!) winning team next season could tempt him. Also maybe mates with JET/Wynter??

Pearson - got to go i'm afraid

Pack - keep

Reid - keep

Gillett - undecided

Kelly - keep

One midfielder who has already proven himself at this level with Crewe and I think who's contract is out at the end of the season is Chuks Aneke. He seems to be a complete midfielder (of similar ilk to Marvin Elliot back in the day) who can score goals - 14 in 39 in the league this season! He is also only 20 years old so fits in with the kind of player we want to sign! If we could get someone like this then I would not bother trying to re-sign Gillet. Given that he is currently at Arsenal, he could possibly be out of our reach but the promise of first team football in a (hopefully!) winning team next season could tempt him. Also maybe mates with JET/Wynter??

I haven't seen a lot of Aneke but I get the impression that he's a similiar mold player to JET. Crewe fans have slated him for being lazy as well

Seen a couple of threads about Pearson, Marv etc asking if people would offer them a deal for next season so thought I'd start a general thread about it.

At the moment we have:

W. Elliott

M. Elliott

Pearson

Pack

Reid

Gillett

Wynter

Kelly

Of the 2 loans I would try and keep Wade and let Simon go.

Pearson - got to go i'm afraid

Pack - keep

Reid - keep

Gillett - undecided

Kelly - keep

Chuks Aneke is on loan from the Gunners.

I haven't seen a lot of Aneke but I get the impression that he's a similiar mold player to JET. Crewe fans have slated him for being lazy as well

You would be wrong, my wife is an Arsenal fan I have seen him play quite a bit.

Archived