IGNORED

Ryan Tunnicliffe

AlwaysARed

Defensive Midfielder from Fulham, Been told we have made an enquiry regarding his services. Don't know if its 100% true or not but my source seems credible so have no reason to believe that its not. Doesn't feature in Fulham's plans and is only 21 so has quite a few years ahead of him, can't say I know an awful lot about him but he's only 21 and has played a few games in the Championship so can't be too bad! Be interesting to see how this one turns out.

Not great but he was 19 at the time, we all make mistakes at that age and I'm sure as hes got older he has matured and learned from his mistakes. I remember Joe Edwards doing the same thing not so long ago, and hes always come across as a decent lad! Teenagers will be teenagers at the end of the day and footballers will be footballers, although this is not an excuse, but I would hardly shy away from signing him because of it.

Not great but he was 19 at the time, we all make mistakes at that age and I'm sure as hes got older he has matured and learned from his mistakes. I remember Joe Edwards doing the same thing not so long ago, and hes always come across as a decent lad! Teenagers will be teenagers at the end of the day and footballers will be footballers, although this is not an excuse, but I would hardly shy away from signing him because of it.

Uwe Rosler tried to send him back to Fulham from Wigan for showing a poor attitude and Fulham refused! Maybe the boy hasn't matured just yet?

Nah, Im just feeling vindicated, for all of the dogs abuse I get on here.. Still in with a shout for the points tally for the season as well. Clearly, I know faff all about stuff as many try to posit

Well three months ago the manager of a Premier League team bought him to play in the Premier League having worked with him every day for many years. So he clearly thought he was good enough. Not sure us being tenuously linked with him on our forum justifies your strange, self-righteous, persecution complex post that writes off the career of a 21 year old. A 21 year old I assume you judged two years ago from a couple of lonely Saturday nights in watching the 20 second highlights of him on the Football League Show and a quick season on Championship Manager??

Maybe I'm wrong. If so, I'd be delighted to hear about your in depth scouting report on Ryan Tunnicliffe and how you came to build up such a comprehensive dossier on his skills. If only Mr Meulensteen were such a shrewd a judge as thee.

Nah, Im just feeling vindicated, for all of the dogs abuse I get on here.. Still in with a shout for the points tally for the season as well. Clearly, I know faff all about stuff as many try to posit

Ever considered a job in punditry? I'm sure you'd make a lot of money.

Tunnicliffe was lauded when at loan at Petey bro as being the future of English footy, I said other wise, gave reasons as  to why, was roundly shat on. That he's being linked here now. says yet again, I was right

And for what its worth, just because he may not be good enough for England (yet) Doesn't mean to say hes not more than good enough for city, in league one.

No one will have said he's England's saviour. Ever. Just a very talented player who can make a living in the top flight. He may even play for England one day. 

Let's assume it never needed to be suggested that he is not "England's saviour". So if you weren't suggesting he is rubbish, what exactly were you suggesting? Just that he's not Lionel Messi? That he's not James Milner? That he's not Steve Sidwell?

And again, how can you possibly have a genuine, rounded opinion on the abilities of a kid you can't have seen play very much if at all. It's because he's a ginger isn't it? And that's prejudice. 

What you definitely did say, not suggest, is that in simply being linked with us by an anonymous person repeating hearsay on a forum, that you were vindicated in whatever your negative opinion of the lad was. Which I hope, having sobered up, you realise is a ludicrous thing to say. 

I thought the user name was familiar regarding Tunnicliffe, you were singing his praises then, too

Found the thread, from 2011. follow from this post http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/139839-experience-and-hasnt-done-it-at-this-level/?p=1441858

Stand by what I said

To be clear, I'm still singing his praises. He's 21 and was bought by a Premier League club by a manager that saw him daily. That means he's probably quite good.

You do realise nowhere on the old thread did anyone say he was "England's saviour" nor were you "roundly shat on". 

Tunnicliffe was lauded when at loan at Petey bro as being the future of English footy, I said other wise, gave reasons as to why, was roundly shat on. That he's being linked here now. says yet again, I was right

I'm not really sure you "gave reasons as to why". Again, probably in your in-depth scouting dossier.

Just admit that him being very tenuously linked with us does not mean "you were right". It was a silly thing for you to get so worked up over and right such a po-faced post about. 

Yeah, and no where did I say he was rubbish either,  I said he wasnt the best amongst the Man United Youth players, ' the dross' which was my term and said he will end up elsewhere.

Er, which he has.

So I was right. Cheers

Hahah. You're absolutely right. Saying someone is "dross" is not calling them "rubbish". They are totally different. My mistake. You win. You always win. 

Archived