IGNORED

Jack Batten

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

If he's 18, and all the top clubs are looking for him. Why isn't he in and around our first team squad?? Clearly he has talent if Liverpool and Everton scouts have picked him out

Probably because we're forever struggling so there's never been a good time.

I said last week when someone suggested Carey should play against Crewe  :facepalm:  :doh: that it would be the ideal time to involve Batten, relegation issues permitting.

As stated in another thread -  Batten, Wynter, Reid, Bryan etc should all be given a run.

We have nothing to gain by playing Pearson, Nosworthy, Elliot etc - yet 2 whole games for these kids will be so valuable.

Maybe for the final game when there's nothing at stake but don't think other teams would be happy if we put a team of young'uns out against Crewe.

Will be interesting to see if Cotterill sticks with the same recent matchday squad for the last two games and keeps the momentum going for next season or if he bloods players like Batten and Wynter.

As stated in another thread - Batten, Wynter, Reid, Bryan etc should all be given a run.

We have nothing to gain by playing Pearson, Nosworthy, Elliot etc - yet 2 whole games for these kids will be so valuable.

Accept a top 10 finish which would mean higher prize money not to mention the fact that crewe are in a relegation battle so it would do a dis-service to the other teams fightingn against it and we need to beat Crawley to finish above them

Also didn't a few teams get fined for field in a weakened team?

As stated in another thread -  Batten, Wynter, Reid, Bryan etc should all be given a run.

Disrespectful to the people who got us out of this mess. I hope we carry the run on and don't forget we are playing a big part in the relegation battle, what would other teams think if they knew we were playing youngsters against crewe?

Disrespectful to the people who got us out of this mess. I hope we carry the run on and don't forget we are playing a big part in the relegation battle, what would other teams think if they knew we were playing youngsters against crewe?

Also Crewe themselves basically play a team of youngsters that have came through the academy, nothing wrong with it in my opinion

Who gives a turd what other teams think?

Exactly, it's all about next season for us now so put a couple in and let's see how they get on. It would be better to give Batten a couple of games next to an experienced pro like Nosworthy as he can talk him through it.

Exactly, it's all about next season for us now so put a couple in and let's see how they get on. It would be better to give Batten a couple of games next to an experienced pro like Nosworthy as he can talk him through it.

If batten is ready he will get in the squad same with morrell, look at wes he's featured alot this season,

Batten and Morrell have never played a league game so no they shouldn't start, perhaps stick them on the bench and give them 20 to 30 mins each

I think others have stated correctly, he is on a pro deal so it is not an academy compensation payment. I would rather hope he does not follow the huge numbers who jump ship and just disappear. He needs to break into a L2 side first, then he can make a proper jump if he is good enough. Never see the younger sides so have no idea if he is a great prospect. Morrell is the one most have talked about. 

thats because liverpool tried to sign him and he turned them down to stay here,

He is starting to look like a cracking player from the little bits I have seen but I don't think he's ready for the first team, a few loans and apperances from the bench are needed to really get a good impression imo

Batten is a player I really like and really believe will make the step up but again I don't think he is ready for the step up just yet

He is starting to look like a cracking player from the little bits I have seen but I don't think he's ready for the first team, a few loans and apperances from the bench are needed to really get a good impression imo

Batten is a player I really like and really believe will make the step up but again I don't think he is ready for the step up just yet

I don't know that a loan would do him any good?  Surely, given the level at which we are playing, we might as well give him a run out now.  I can't see anyone having a leg to stand on about the whole 'weakened' team thing - it's a matter of giving him valuable game time

I don't know that a loan would do him any good?  Surely, given the level at which we are playing, we might as well give him a run out now.  I can't see anyone having a leg to stand on about the whole 'weakened' team thing - it's a matter of giving him valuable game time

Problem is who do you bring him in for? we have a settled team picking up some great results at the moment, if a player was out of form maybe,

loaning Wes Bryan and Reid out did them the world of good before they came back here and started to compete in the first team,

Reid I think has stagnated recently but that just may be to niggling injurys he seems to of picked up a few months back and his replacement performing well,

Sending him out for a month next season wouldn't do him any harm (thats if he doesn't establish himself) and if would give the scouts a chance to see him in the mens game instead of the under 21's performing infront of a crowd which will add pressure

Archived