IGNORED

Tremendous Act Of Kindness!

PunkRockDad

It isn't if the post is framed in that way, it's fine to have a counter example if it is clearly flagged as that and not pretending to just be a random post as though PRD had not noticed both the many anti-muslim threads on here and the fact that the good samaritan (and isn't that what this is seeking to replicate without quite saying so) in the story is a msulim.

If he had a history of posting random good news stories on OT then I would have taken this one at face value. He doesn't, I haven't.

He barely has ANY history of posting stuff in here according to Paddy31. Guilty till proven innocent by the sounds of things

Don't worry Eddie - it's the same small bunch who feel the need to find something "good" to justify their support of mindless unfettered immigration into the UK.

I see 'racist' has been thrown around again.

It's a non-story from Canada, which besides being an opportunity for some fishing (with a few bites btw) does nothing to promote Islamists. They still remain deranged nut-cases who's idea of a good time is to plunge each and every muslim-dominated country into the dark ages.

The fact that the posters who think having Muslims decend by the million into the UK is a good thing are either feeding from the state-funded UAF trough or middle-class country folk who don't see a Muslim, let alone an Islamist more than once or twice a year.

Let them have their fun, as in 2015, things are going to change quite rapidly as far as their utopia is concerned.

Worlds biggest generalisation, and in fact my friend, you are the deranged nut-case.

Don't worry Eddie - it's the same small bunch who feel the need to find something "good" to justify their support of mindless unfettered immigration into the UK.

I see 'racist' has been thrown around again.

It's a non-story from Canada, which besides being an opportunity for some fishing (with a few bites btw) does nothing to promote Islamists. They still remain deranged nut-cases who's idea of a good time is to plunge each and every muslim-dominated country into the dark ages.

The fact that the posters who think having Muslims decend by the million into the UK is a good thing are either feeding from the state-funded UAF trough or middle-class country folk who don't see a Muslim, let alone an Islamist more than once or twice a year.

Let them have their fun, as in 2015, things are going to change quite rapidly as far as their utopia is concerned.

Who said racist?

How developed/civilised are the most Muslim-dense countries in the world, do you genuinely know?

Iran, Iraq before we ploughed in, and Syria pre civil war would all be ok places to live IMO.

Afghanistan is the prime example of a particular branch of islam, whose coming to power was facilitated by the CIA who saw them as allies, taking a modern civilised country back into the dark ages.

Edit: straying slightly but I was astounded how strongly us and the US wanted to pile in and support the insurgents in Syria. Lucky Putin had a UN veto or we'd have turned that into another disaster area like Iraq.

Iran, Iraq before we ploughed in, and Syria pre civil war would all be ok places to live IMO.

Afghanistan is the prime example of a particular branch of islam, whose coming to power was facilitated by the CIA who saw them as allies, taking a modern civilised country back into the dark ages.

I know two Iraqis - one Jewish, one Christian. - who left the country in the 70s because it was not an OK place to live. Arbitrary arrest, purges, torture squads, people "disappeared " and unfettered militarism.

How developed/civilised are the most Muslim-dense countries in the world, do you genuinely know?

But I have many Muslim friends who aren't deranged nut cases. Most are more sensible, friendly and kind than me, and I'm an atheist. 

But I have many Muslim friends who aren't deranged nut cases. Most are more sensible, friendly and kind than me, and I'm an atheist.

Likewise. But I mean where the population is dense, say 90% plus are Muslim, it isn't the greatest society is it, looking in from the outside.

Nobody appears to be able to explain why.

When confronted about their world-view - out comes the name calling.

Deranged.

Nut-Case

Racist

It doesn't matter if its on a forum, on the street or in a newspaper, when confronted, the middle-class leftie fantasists resort to name calling.

Can you at least try some new ones?

Blah blah blah

Name calling?

"It's a terrible indictment of modern society that basic human kindness is used by the most pathetically inadequate to try to score some "points"." SX225 (sorry, don't know how to do a double quote on my iPhone)

Chucking "pathetically inadequate" in there in within the first 10 posts sounds a little like name calling to me. Pot, kettle, black?

They still remain deranged nut-cases who's idea of a good time is to plunge each and every muslim-dominated country into the dark ages.

When confronted about their world-view - out comes the name calling.

Deranged.

Nut-Case

Racist

It doesn't matter if its on a forum, on the street or in a newspaper, when confronted, the middle-class leftie fantasists resort to name calling.

Can you at least try some new ones?

Blah blah blah

It was you who originally started the name calling!!

You called Muslims deranged-nut-cases.

Remember now?

No, I called Islamists deranged.

You were completely unable to differentiate between them months ago, and you are still unable to do so now.

That's why any view you have of Islamists is completely moot, as you have no idea of what constitutes one.

Oh so it's fine to call other people names then?

Utter hypocrite. 

In this entire forum, I don't think I have seen anyone be so utterly adept at completely missing the point.

You were pulled up on this by several people some months back, to little effect apparently.

Is it your age?

This is coming from the man who decided that because this thread was positive about Islam he'd try and hijack it and make it negative.

And don't say is it your age, like you know me, or even the smallest of details about me. Fortunately you will never know me.

You're being deliberately obtuse, right?

If this tremendous and inspiring act of kindness had been carried out by a Christian do you honestly, honestly think that PunkRockDad would have posted it on this forum?

The answer by the way is "no".

There are a number of things that have been thrown toward me since first posting this thread but this is the one that has got to me the most.

Would I have posted this link had this act of kindness been carried out by a Christian?  Of course I would have posted it and not simply because I am myself a Christain.  I genuinely found what this man had done to be 'tremendous and inspiring' - Treating others with such dignity and respect is something I think we can all aspire to.  It mattered not to me whether this man had been a woman, gay or straight, transgender, black or white, Muslim, Christian, Jew, Buddhist, or any other religion or no religion, I would have posted the link - As long as he wasn't Rovers!! :blink:  

SX225 - Apologies for misreading your post. 

Many thanks to those who sought to stand by my decision for posting the link!!

Archived