IGNORED

Cry On The Telly...!

Bar BS3

Ok, it's not being televised, but i'm sure local news etc, might give the final whistle some coverage, so, who will be shedding a tear the last time that they ever walk away, Turning their back on the famous East End, Ashton Gate for the very last time...?!

I'm in the Dolman myself, but I will certainly be taking a few pictures for the last time that Ashton Gate will ever look as it will do tomorrow afternoon.

Onwards & upwards! COYR!!

It's going to look so weird without the mighty east end, especially next year when the much higher, shiny new stand is there! As for when the Williams is built, the view from the back of the Dolman will be gone and I will have to watch the football! At least we won't have the sun in our eyes all the time.

I don't care personally, as I'm a younger fan and think our stadium is a shit whole, so pretty pleased we're doing something about it. However, I do feel for the older generation who have grown up with the east end and the memories they have shared with it, so for them, I will be feeling sad and I hope they try to enjoy the occasion on saturday and remember that in memory, the east end will forever live!

I will nominate the Gladstone Ground, Brighton's old one, as the absolute worst. The last time we played there before it got closed was a midweeker, Seal got a couple of goals.

The stands were collapsing and mostly roped off, and there was a good half inch of piss on the floor of the bogs, anybody wearing trainers regretted it.

I will nominate the Gladstone Ground, Brighton's old one, as the absolute worst. The last time we played there before it got closed was a midweeker, Seal got a couple of goals.

The stands were collapsing and mostly roped off, and there was a good half inch of piss on the floor of the bogs, anybody wearing trainers regretted it.

Peterborough's away end use to be like that years ago, I seem to remember pissing against the wall with just a drain pipe on the floor instead of a trough

Goldstone ground wasn't it Eddie?

I would have to plump for Saltergate in the relatively modern era. What an absolute dump that place was. In olden times, Elm park was pretty crap but Springfield park, Wigan or the old Newport ground were the worst I have been in. Dishonourable mention to Trumpton BTW.

Goldstone ground wasn't it Eddie.

I would have to plump for Saltergate in the relatively modern era. What an absolute dump that place was. In olden times, Elm park was pretty crap but Springfield park, Wigan or the old Newport ground were the worst I have been in. Dishonourable mention to Trumpton BTW.

I'll give you Saltergate ,i was a bit afraid there ,not of their "lads" but the stand we were in was highly flammable and moved about a lot !!!

I'll give you Saltergate ,i was a bit afraid there ,not of their "lads" but the stand we were in was highly flammable and moved about a lot !!!

Ha ha, that crappy little wooden stand with nailed on planks as seats! I had forgotten that. My mate lit a fag up there years ago and the home fans nearly shit themselves!

Kenilworth Road, Luton. Jesus H Christ  :facepalm:

I gather it's still exactly the same nowadays. What an absolute hovel!

I wont shed a tear. To me the Eastend died years ago, when we had to put the seats in. That was the time to mourn the Old Girl.

I understand the feelings of those who have only ever been in there since though, it will be a huge change.

Goldstone ground wasn't it Eddie?

It was indeed, my phone auto-corrected it when I wasn't looking.

Not been to those but surprised Cambridge gets a mention, thought that was ok.

Shit hole. Not sure about that, however the need for modernization has been obvious for years!

Shit hole football grounds for your consideration

Mem, Eastville, Twerton or put another way anywhere the Sags play!

Gone and thankfully nearly forgotten! The Dell, Northampton (cricket club wierd!), the Valley, Plough Lane, Valley Parade, Roker Park, Highfield Road among others!

Current dumps include, Brentford FC, Orient, Peterborough any other offers from our brave away following from this season!?

For the record the EE was gone when home support was moved to the Open End. What was a hostile ground for visitors became a library a rebuild and makeover or a move to AV has been needed for a long long time!

Ok, it's not being televised, but i'm sure local news etc, might give the final whistle some coverage, so, who will be shedding a tear the last time that they ever walk away, Turning their back on the famous East End, Ashton Gate for the very last time...?!

I'm in the Dolman myself, but I will certainly be taking a few pictures for the last time that Ashton Gate will ever look as it will do tomorrow afternoon.

Onwards & upwards! COYR!!

Local news? What bloody local news?

Was no danger of that when I visited. I don't think it stopped raining and I have never got as wet at a match.

Fungus might've been a problem, not fire.

The old Elm Park in Reading had some pretty memorable 'gentlemans facilities' a rectangle of about 10' high wall of old railway sleepers as the bogs, which were looked down upon from the back of the open terrace.

Brunton Park Carlisle, the old open terrace with the shiny new stand that extended about 20yards past the pitch.

Or heres one for the old brigade ... Sealand Road Chester, not even a terrace per say just a heap of concrete with grass and weeds growing through the cracks.

The old Elm Park in Reading had some pretty memorable 'gentlemans facilities' a rectangle of about 10' high wall of old railway sleepers as the bogs, which were looked down upon from the back of the open terrace.

Brunton Park Carlisle, the old open terrace with the shiny new stand that extended about 20yards past the pitch.

Or heres one for the old brigade ... Sealand Road Chester, not even a terrace per say just a heap of concrete with grass and weeds growing through the cracks.

I used to say I'd never cross the street to see Reading play and I never did - I lived about six doors down the street. Can't comment on the bogs - never needed them given how close it was to home.

What about the old Welsh grounds

The Vetch, remember our 5-0 win there going for a p**s in the dark, no lights in the bog

Ninian Prk say no more

Newport Co Sommerton Park shared with speedway cocoa nut matting at the corners, failway sleepers for terracing

The Manor Ground, Saltergate, The Goldstone, Elm Park, Fellows Park, Ninian Park, Rodney Parade and The Vetch were all dire.

The County Ground still is.

use to love going there and play "count how many stands there are"

Wastn't it 7 or somthing stupid like that?

Archived