IGNORED

3 Lions Flag Day

Sixtyseconds

Was very good, first time for me and already can't wait for next season. But I'll tell you what, the police were brilliant up there, fair play to them for not being heavy handed and letting us do what we want.

Read the ashamed thread and below is a post from another thread, that is what happens when the police allow irresponsible little kids to do what they want, the public and especially females in cars with children should not be subjected to this type of behaviour and it's a classic example of how a small minority can cause an event that is meant to be fun into being either heavily policed or even cancelled in the future, it seems to me that it needs proper self policing by the organisers.

"This is all very well but when glasses are being thrown at passing traffic, one of which contains my Grandson and when my Granddaughter can't walk past without being pushed, shoved and mobbed then enough really is ENOUGH people. Get a ******* grip on yourselves"

Just to counter the above, when I went past at 5:30pm I was amazed at how tidy it all was, the organisers had clearly gone to great lengths to ensure that there was no litter, broken glass etc. Whilst not condoning the behaviour of the usual few mindless idiots who can't handle a drink, I feel that the organisers did a good job in the circumstances. Public order is the responsibility of the police who have greater powers to interject when things get out of hand; the fact that the police did not act on this occasion should not reflect badly on the organisers.

Just to counter the above, when I went past at 5:30pm I was amazed at how tidy it all was, the organisers had clearly gone to great lengths to ensure that there was no litter, broken glass etc. Whilst not condoning the behaviour of the usual few mindless idiots who can't handle a drink, I feel that the organisers did a good job in the circumstances. Public order is the responsibility of the police who have greater powers to interject when things get out of hand; the fact that the police did not act on this occasion should not reflect badly on the organisers.

According to Jeff it shouldn't reflect on the Police either.

What concerns me is that someone might fall under a bus . I went down in my mates van and when driving past slowly and taking care he clipped some one with is wing mirror.

Maybe we could close the road that year and have a proper street party.

Archived