IGNORED

When Is The Retained List Announced?

The Humble Realist

Usually announced early in the week after the final game.

Carey, Pearson, Fontaine and Marv. out of contract.

Plus loans ending, Wade E., Nosworthy, Moore, Barnett, Gillet and Paterson.

Could be 10 out of the present squad of 27 no longer with us this time next week.

Could be 10 out of the present squad of 27 no longer with us this time next week.

Have we signed Osborne? I thought it was just a loan extension to the end of the season?

i think we will sign wade elliot, paterson, and gillett on free transfers. nosworthy although good was only a stop gap whilst flint recovers but we could sign him for a year.

barnett will not be bought imo and i have a feeling el abd may not be around for long although that is a wish.

Going by this if he doesn't keep on any of Carey, Pearson, Fontaine, Marv, Wade E, Nosworthy, Moore, Barnett, Gillet and Paterson that's a lot of players to bring in and even more to gel together and get playing as a team.

I'd imagine a few of those will be signed/resigned but even so there is a lot of work to be done for next season. I am not so sure we'll be fighting for promotion, I think it's more likely that SC will build and solidify the team ready for a big push in the season after next. If he can manage to rebuild and get the team playing as a solid unit by the beginning of next season that's great but I think realistically SC needs time to get the team how he wants it and then push for promotion, I think as fans we need to be there for him no matter how frustrating it may be to be mid-table again next season.

Rumours oop north are that Paterson is no longer welcome at Huddersfield due to a training ground punch-up and so if we can agree wages with him, we can have him for free. We should remember that this guy has scored goals in the Premier League (albeit only 4 in a struggling team) and has reached double figures in the Championship twice, so if such a deal isn't already in place we might have competition. I've only seen him play once but I thought he looked decent

Other than that, I imagine El Abd will make a Nosworthy deal unlikely, but would be surprised if we didn't offer Wade Elliot a year. Gillet, I would have said would definitely be wanted a couple of months ago but seems a little more peripheral these days

The fact that you only have four players out-of-contract is a decent sign for your lot next season, especially when you consider who those four are.

Probably more worrying is the players who only have one year left.

Those out of contract usually go unless no one else is interested. Those with a year left raise the question of whether to cash in (sell while they have a value) or cash up (offer a better contract).

The final year players will probably have a bigger impact on what we do than those out of contract already.

If we are aiming for the Championship we need to be looking at Championship quality players so if we do make the step up we don't need to then buy Championship players. Or buy players with potential to play in the Championship.

Forgive me but i think you're aiming too low.We should be targeting Champions League experience so in 3 years time they will be established in the team ready for our assault .

Have you no ambition ?

Archived