IGNORED

World Cup Fan Park

Mr Banos

• Admin

I wouldn't imagine it would be because of the timing of the matches. I'm at Glastonbury and read somewhere that the matches won't be shown.

Thats a shame, can always remember England losing to Portugal on penalties and about 65000 people watching it on the screens at the pyramid stage

Reckon they will show it somewhere - maybe on the Outdoor Cinema screen?

Thats a shame, can always remember England losing to Portugal on penalties and about 65000 people watching it on the screens at the pyramid stage

Reckon they will show it somewhere - maybe on the Outdoor Cinema screen?

Apparently England's last group match is on the eve of the festival, so if they do qualify and go through either top of the group or second (!!!) the matches are scheduled for 9pm either Saturday or Sunday and therefore clash with the headline acts (Saturday act not announced yet) so they are saying they won't be screened.

Is it true we are using the same ageing squad we took to south Africa only without Terry and James? That's good news as they are all 4 years older than when they were too old last time.

I bloody hope not.  I should have asked Roy H when I bumped into him the other week.

There's a village green at Ashton Vale that would make a great fan park for 65000 people.

Oh **** me yes, that would be epic.  Send SL an e-mail making the suggestion.  We could put up one of the temporary stands that they use at big events.  Plenty of smelly hot dogs and booze, and think of the mess and congestion.  I'd like to see the c0cks walk their dogs through that lot :yes::clap::thumbsup:

With 43 days to go, does anyone know if any fan park is planned in Bristol. Queens square was used last World Cup but with a few issues that time will it be put on again?

My memory is that their was a fan park in Queens Squarel as, just 4 years ago, Bristol was almost guaranteed World Cup Football in 2018.  

There was just the little matters of the new stadium at Ashton Vale being ready in time, and England actually getting the World Cup. 

The reason for the fan park was to trial how it would operate, as in a world cup city they are need for ticketless fans or just for fans who are in town and their team is not playing on that day + anyone else.  Went to see Italy v New Zealand on a nice sunny day, the atmosphere was very good.

I seem to remember that the problems came when England games were being shown as they were operating a sort of all ticket system and banning alchohol (so no-one turned up) -

Archived