IGNORED

How Much Does The End Of The Previous Season, Influence The Next?

Who Are Rovers?

Just to get away from partying about the Non League lot for one minute, I just want to get you're opinions on how effective the end of the previous season, affects the start of the next season.

Last season, we finished the season on an 8 game win less streak, and were obviously relegated. We then started of this campaign, poorly as you know, with another 12 games without a win, amounting the games we hadn't won in over the end of the 2012/13 season, to the start of the 2013/14, to 20 games in total.

The end of this season that has just finished, we have currently gone on a run of only 1 defeat in 13, which is clearly, top end of the table stuff. 

I'm not one to jump the gun and predict anything for next season before anything has even started (transfer window etc,) but I'm not sure if that was just a strange pattern that had nothing to do with the 8 win less games the season before, but to me, a good end to the season, is just as influential as a good pre-season.

I will see how we start next season, but I just want to get you're thoughts on how effective a good end to the previous campaign really is.

I'd say it has a small impact, depending on how successful the previous season was, eg Bradford doing as well as they did in the league cup and then winning the playoffs had a great start this season but tailed off a bit, and some teams do go into free fall after a relegation but on the whole it's not much of an impact

Small impact nothing really worth reading into though IMO. Just looking at Wolves as a random example.. Finish last season horrendously fans invade pitch ripping things up etc (similar to the sags) massive un rest at club then go on to storm the league this year..

For me next season depends on who STAYS more than anything.. Keep the likes of baldock sign Elliott add a few more and im pretty confident we will be a force at the right end of the table.

It does stand the team in good stead by finishing on a high but the problem we have how many of the loans will still be here - think into next season without nosworthy and Elliot, different ball game if they go.

So it really doesnt mean that much, dare i say it we are a team in transition ! 

Having said what i said i think back to the tail end of the 05/06 season.. Johnson comes in and hauls us to a strong mid table finish in this league similiar to SC this time around.. We then go on to get promoted to the championship the following year..

Archived