IGNORED

Daniel Cox 1 - Rovers Non League

Son of Nob

Now, I rarely post on here and I like to think of myself as as a very rational guy but sometimes results (literally) compel me to share my musings.

Back in 2011 my only brother, Daniel, was killed in a road traffic incident in London aged 28. Dan loved City and (as much as he ever could hate anything), thouroughly disliked R*vers; which is the reason for this post.

When the result came in, I celebrated in a very quiet, dignified (read as naked, spittiing everywhere and swearing at plants) way at Mansfield's goalscorer 'Daniel' feat. It was only after the game that I realised the Mansfield manager's last name was 'Cox' (our family name). So, I realised, The two names that will forever be associated with non league Bristol Rovers are Daniel, and Cox.

Like I said, I'm a rational person - but sometimes you stand up and appreciate what the Universe gives you.

Dan, you'd bloody love this and this is for you. (can you sort promotion next year please)

Daniel Cox - You sent the gas down

FTG

Top post Son of Nob!! Dan you are the Man!!

As an aside! I mainly live in the USA these days and had a friend coming around to help me lay a flat roof. A good American knows nothing g of days like these but I was compelled to stand in my kitchen and reprise the day!....I think he understood!

Dan Cox if you ever come across Roy 'Sailor' Hayward at a celestial City match make sure he buys you a drink!!!!

Well done Daniel Cox, my dad, a fanatical City fan moved to quieter quarters in 1995 and hoped that he and all my other clan got together yesterday to will Mansfield on from their grandstand seats in the sky, thanks Daniel.Big Party in BCFC Heaven Supporters Club :clap: :clap:

S.O.N thanks for posting that, the way it all unfolded yesterday made me think something was at work that is hard to explain. Coincidences? not for me. A lot of us will have someone we believe is looking down, helping out now and again.

As Dan would have said...."Yes, but how do you KNOW ? "

Archived