IGNORED

Football League Show

SimonL

To be fair...

Claridge is right, that in the context of the championship, Barnsley are one of the smaller clubs. He is also right that in the context of relegation from the football league, the gas are a massive club. Has a bigger club gone down in recent years?

Having said that, Claridge is still rubbish, still has a dodgy barnet, and (along with Rosenior) needs replacing from that show!

To be fair...

Claridge is right, that in the context of the championship, Barnsley are one of the smaller clubs. He is also right that in the context of relegation from the football league, the gas are a massive club. Has a bigger club gone down in recent years?

Having said that, Claridge is still rubbish, still has a dodgy barnet, and (along with Rosenior) needs replacing from that show!

I don't share the dislike of Claridge. And for some to think he has it in for City is delusional. The only people he does seems to have little time for is John Beck (manager of Cambs Utd when he was a player) and idiot contributors/journalists on Five Live that don't have any real experience or knowledege of football but talk like they do.

He's played at so many clubs and at every level so there's few more qualified to appear on a show like this.

To be fair...

...depends, I guess, what your criteria are for the term 'bigger club' - in what context? Turnover? Support base? Catchment area?

What about Luton who, back in the 70's and 80's, were in the top tier, something the Gas have never achieved.

...depends, I guess, what your criteria are for the term 'bigger club' - in what context? Turnover? Support base? Catchment area?

What about Luton who, back in the 70's and 80's, were in the top tier, something the Gas have never achieved.

Oxford have also played at the top level.

Rovers hardly have a long record of achievement,  They are perennial lower league sloggers and seeing them get relegated won't raise an eyebrow or even a smirk from football fans around the country, other than those like us or Swindle.  Did anyone care (or even notice) when Grimsby dropped out?

They will not look out of place in the Conference and it is not inconceivable after two or three years they will clamber back out.  However, if I were a Rovers fan (thank goodness I am not) I would be very worried; clubs often drop out because they are financially struggling or are in internal turmoil - neither of these seem to be the case at Rovers, they have just been completely mismanaged.  I can't see what will change that, so they could be in for a long period in the wilderness.

Archived