IGNORED

We Are Bristol Now

Aizoon

We don't need to complain any more when journos/commentators/players/managers talk about "Bristol".

We ARE Bristol now, just as Bradford City became Bradford with the demise of Bradford Park Avenue.

Good or what?

We don't need to complain any more when journos/commentators/players/managers talk about "Bristol".

We ARE Bristol now, just as Bradford City became Bradford with the demise of Bradford Park Avenue.

Good or what?

I was thinking exactly the same thing myself on the way home from Crawley yesterday. And with the rugby too.

We become, Bristol Football Club, playing, along with Bristol Rugby Club, at the new Bristol Sport Stadium at Ashton Gate.

Other minor, non league sides in the area will still include Bristol in their names, Bristol Manor Farm, Bristol Academy, Bristol Rovers and so on, indicating their inferior status in a City with one single major league side.

Go for it Steve!!!

From wiki-

The city has one Football League club, Bristol City, as well as a number of non-league clubs including Bristol Rovers who were relegated from the Football League at the end of the 2013/14 season.

SWEET!!

Good or what?

It always annoyed me; particularly when players (even our own players, sometimes) and other managers referred to us as "Bristol".

As of this morning, no longer a problem !

From wiki-

The city has one Football League club, Bristol City, as well as a number of non-league clubs including Bristol Rovers who were relegated from the Football League at the end of the 2013/14 season.

SWEET!!

"A number of non- league clubs". Rovers are now grouped together with clubs such as Mangotsfield, Manor Farm and Torpedo from the Downs League.

Archived