IGNORED

Retained List - Expectations...

B-Rizzle

So, we should be expecting SC to announce the retained list later this week. It's been discussed previously but now we're at the end of the season I wondered what everyone's expectations were of this list...

As far as I'm aware, the following players are either out of contract or their loans are finishing.

Carey - think it's pretty clear that this is now the end for him.

Fontaine - almost certainly not in SC's plans.

Marv - Don't think it's guaranteed like Fonts but still expect him to be released.

Pearson - as with Marv, think he'll be released unless SC decides he'll be part of his team should he remain fit.

Wade Elliot - has done really well for us. Reckon SC will try and sign him for a year.

Gillett - think he's done a good job for us but can't see it becoming permanent.

Moore - wonder what will happen with him. Surely won't be happy being number 2 in championship...

Barnett - haven't like him. Hope and expect SC NOT to sign him permanently.

Paterson - again, not too sure what will happen with him. Reckon SC may be interested.

Brundle - expect him to move on.

Have I missed anyone, or does anyone disagree with my assessment?

Will SC look to offload any of our under contract players? E.g. Wynter, El-Abd etc?

So, we should be expecting SC to announce the retained list later this week. It's been discussed previously but now we're at the end of the season I wondered what everyone's expectations were of this list...

As far as I'm aware, the following players are either out of contract or their loans are finishing.

Carey - think it's pretty clear that this is now the end for him.

Fontaine - almost certainly not in SC's plans.

Marv - Don't think it's guaranteed like Fonts but still expect him to be released.

Pearson - as with Marv, think he'll be released unless SC decides he'll be part of his team should he remain fit.

Wade Elliot - has done really well for us. Reckon SC will try and sign him for a year.

Gillett - think he's done a good job for us but can't see it becoming permanent.

Moore - wonder what will happen with him. Surely won't be happy being number 2 in championship...

Barnett - haven't like him. Hope and expect SC NOT to sign him permanently.

Paterson - again, not too sure what will happen with him. Reckon SC may be interested.

Brundle - expect him to move on.

Have I missed anyone, or does anyone disagree with my assessment?

Will SC look to offload any of our under contract players? E.g. Wynter, El-Abd etc?

Brundle already been released according to his Twitter. Can't disagree with your selections, however would love Gillet and Wade to sign, Paterson maybe just in case Baldock does leave.

Kevin Krans is out of contract too. I expect he'll be released along with Brundle.

I'd expect to see Carey, Fontaine, Marv and Pearson go too.

Of the loanees Wade Elliott is the only one I'd expect to definitely get a contract offer. Nosworthy and Moore would depend on what happens to El-Abd and Parish this summer whereas I don't think we'll look to keep Gillett, Paterson or Barnett.

I agree with pretty much everything you said, though I expect wade would sign on 2 year deal which I base on nothing but gut instinct.

Reckon Wynter would be loaned out to league 2, Morrell probably to the conference.

Apparently brundle has not been retained from what I have seen on the players twitter account

He'll try and get Wade Elliott for a year I think. Not sure about Nosworthy, wouldn't mind keeping him but think he might look for someone a bit younger, Gillett has been decent but I don't think he'll be here next season. Would be very disappointed if we went for Barnett permanently, and Moore is no better than Fielding so I wouldn't bother.

All the contract players will go, elliot,carey,fonts and pearson (may keep if takes wage cut) I would expect SC to attempt to keep Wade Elliot for sure, Nosworthy would be great as a year contract. 

As for the rest, patterson ?? Moore will go back to Cardiff, Gillet wont be signed and Barnett, well lets just say i would be very disappointed if we made an offer.

Of your list I'd like to keep Wade though only on a one year contract whereas he will probably want two years so doubtful it will happen. I'd also like to see Gillett join permanently, but suspect SC doesn't.

I'd like to see Nosworthy sign permanently too but doubt he will drop down to the third tier unless its for silly money, which is something we shouldn't do.

I'd agree that Carey, Fonts, Pearson & Marv will go.  

Of the loanees, then the signing of Wade is imperative.  I would like to see us try to work out a deal for Gillett at the right price.  He didn't have the greatest start with us, but went on to be one of those players that you tended to notice when he was out of the side. I can't imagine that Nosworthy would be within our budget, the same with Simon Moore.  Signing Barnett would be a dreadful move, and Patterson I wouldn't be too bothered either way about.  He never really let us down, but he just never gave the feeling of "Wow, we really have to sign this guy".  

Besides Sammy I can't see too many of our contracted players to be in too much demand, so I'm not expecting massive waves to be made in the market this summer.

Archived