IGNORED

The Comprehensive List Of Things Rovers Can Look Forward To..

JM91

The FA Vase is what replaced the FA Amateur Cup.

The FA Trophy is for professional non league teams.

Conference Prem teams enter the FA Cup at the 4th Qualifying round.

So the gas could be knocked out of the fa cup before it starts?

I am looking forward to 11 (possibly 12) new grounds in (non) league matches alone!

Apart from the faint embarrassment of it all, I am already looking forward to the new season (Although I might be a bit pissed off come November time when defeats at the hands of Eastliegh etc start to wear me down)

Rovers have been a big part of my life, and always will be, and some times I care too much about it all (And I daresay many City fans are the same), but it is only football, and it ain't worth spending too long being pissed off about it.

As for the FA Vase, I thought that was for the lower non league sides- I didn't realise the, ahem, larger teams in the Conference had to play in that as well!

Tips hat.

As a long standing City fan of some decades, I am sure you will respect why this has been to funny for words.

I equally respect there are many decent football fans who just happen to follow the blue part of Bristol. Real fans will be at Eastleigh in the rain, cheering on their team, dreaming of when better days return.

Tips hat.

As a long standing City fan of some decades, I am sure you will respect why this has been to funny for words.

I equally respect there are many decent football fans who just happen to follow the blue part of Bristol. Real fans will be at Eastleigh in the rain, cheering on their team, dreaming of when better days return.

I would be enjoying every moment if the boot was on the other foot. Anyway, I have just consoled myself with the thought that if we do qualify for the first round of the cup (stop laughing at the back) we could be the first non league side to knock City out- then it will have all been worth it :)

I would be enjoying every moment if the boot was on the other foot. Anyway, I have just consoled myself with the thought that if we do qualify for the first round of the cup (stop laughing at the back) we could be the first non league side to knock City out- then it will have all been worth it :)

Fair play mate enjoyed your demise mainly because of the way your lot have enjoyed ours the last few years but always adimire someone prepared to laugh at their own...i too would have your attitude!!good luck....but dont rush back!:laugh:!!!

A Rovers fan with a sense of humour in adversity. When are they stuffing you and putting you in the board room?

Sorry fella - Aldershot already have that honour (from some time in the1920's I believe)

Sorry fella - Aldershot already have that honour (from some time in the1920's I believe)

My dreams shattered twice in 4 days!

I honestly thought you had never been beaten by non league, I remember you scraping a late equaliser (KIngstonian maybe) and I threw my mug of tea at the wall, which apparently was 'pathetic' according to my wife :blush:

My dreams shattered twice in 4 days!

I honestly thought you had never been beaten by non league, I remember you scraping a late equaliser (KIngstonian maybe) and I threw my mug of tea at the wall, which apparently was 'pathetic' according to my wife :blush:

I don't think we've ever been beaten by a non league side. I am not sure that poster is correct with the Aldershot shout.

I don't think we've ever been beaten by a non league side. I am not sure that poster is correct with the Aldershot shout.

OK, Aldershot may be wrong as I can't find it now and was sure it was correct! But may I refer you to Gillingham in 1946/47? There may be others but we've certainly never been beaten by a non-league side in more modern times but I'm sure there a handful of examples in earlier years.

You can add this:

Average away attendance of conference clubs. No way on Earth will UWE survive on those visiting figures. I can see crowds of 4,000 by 2015 for the Gas if they do badly.

414 Grimsby

384 Cambridge

350 Chester

280 Wrexham

270 Lincoln

257 Halifax

257 Aldershot

202 Hereford

189 Barnet

181 Kidderminster

132 Nuneaton

111 Macclesfield

109 Woking

88 Southport

85 Dartford

65 Salisbury

65 Alfreton

63 Welling

60 Forest Green

57 Gateshead

49 Tamworth

43 Braintree

36 Hyde

These numbers are low because the clubs have never had the opportunity to play against the Barcelona of the West Country. I can imagine towns / villages like Hyde declaring a civic holiday when they play the gas and the whole town travelling to Bristol. This would increase numbers significantly - e g Hyde would go from 36 to 43.

I believe We have been beaten twice by a non league side in the fa cup... One was Crewe, the other was... Wait for it.... Spurs!!!

Location of the original Harry Ramsden's.  If nothing else, decent fish supper for the coach ride back.

I remember going up to Bramall Lane to watch the FA Vase final reply, because we were away at Sheffield Wednesday the evening after, & standing with the Guiseley fans. Total nutters, non-stop singing & the person next to me had a tooth knocked out whilst wildly celebrating one of their goals.

Lots to look forward to :D

Ohh! and the Brucey Bonus....

Possibly the mighty Guiseley (no I don't know where it is either)

North-west Leeds. I have a season ticket there. I'm not getting too excited yet as they have a tough final to play against Altrincham but if they get through that I will very much look forward to Rovers coming to visit.

Archived