IGNORED

Palace Fans

dziekanowski

About as intimidating as a Monday Afternoon Matinee starring Cary Grant.

It may be noisy, but give me intimidating any day.

having watched them a few times this season they have the most amazing home support i have seen...piss all over the atmosphere at Ashton gate

Fair play they create a good atmosphere behind the goal, maybe something to considered for the new east end? Need the east Enders in one place and not diluted with the more quiet fans (like me!)

They are losing and still supporting their team, how will that ever work ;)

The fans are loud yes and Palace have actually played very well and unfortunate to be 2-0 down, but I must say how good is Bolaise, he's been bloody brilliant. He must have improved significantly since we sold him, either that or whoever agreed such a poor fee for him wants to hang their head in shame.

The fans are loud yes and Palace have actually played very well and unfortunate to be 2-0 down, but I must say how good is Bolaise, he's been bloody brilliant. He must have improved significantly since we sold him, either that or whoever agreed such a poor fee for him wants to hang their head in shame.

He was never given a proper chance here.

Perhaps McInnes couldn't play him due to "interference". Or perhaps this was the type of pants decision that helped get him the sack?

Bolaise has been different class, I would be amazed if he is at Palace next year, I reckon Arsenal will try and pay big money for him in the summer, just hope we had a sell on.

Steady. One more good season and maybe he'll find a move but let's not get carried away, not much return yet from him. Still not scored yet

Impressive volume, but there's nothing spontaneous about the atmosphere there. Just feels false to me. It just seems to be the same songs sung over and over again in an orchestrated or choreographed manner. And not forgetting, this has to be the worst chant in football:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwSUlIv0XNc

I must disagree. I'm not suggesting we adopt it as it is their chant, but it is imo quite good

The tv mics are set up right by that little corner of vocal fans so it does give the tv viewer a pretty false sense of how loud it actually is..

Decent effort though none the less.. Amusing how its literally only that corner though the rest of that end dont seem to like gettimg involved do they!

Intimidating like Ashton Gate?

On it's day AG can be pretty hostile.

If we were in the PL up against it, favourites to go down, AG would be a very hostile atmosphere to come to.

Our atmosphere generally suffers if we are favourites/underachieving (which is often the case in league 1). When we are performing above expectations/underdogs it is very good. The Playoff season in particular is a good example of this.

With regard to the "Palace Ultras" - decent noise yes, but find it a bit cringey somehow.

On it's day AG can be pretty hostile.

If we were in the PL up against it, favourites to go down, AG would be a very hostile atmosphere to come to.

Our atmosphere generally suffers if we are favourites/underachieving (which is often the case in league 1). When we are performing above expectations/underdogs it is very good. The Playoff season in particular is a good example of this.

With regard to the "Palace Ultras" - decent noise yes, but find it a bit cringey somehow.

We haven't had an intimidating atmosphere for years. We have had the odd very loud game at home. But I can't remember anything really caustic since before the Atyeo was built and seats went in the EE. All very sterile and occasionally noisey nowadays.

How do you know?

Yeah I am really sure the atmosphere has improved 100% in the season I have been away, for a team performing shite for most of the season.

If you even have to ask this question I would suggest you haven't supported city that long.

Archived