IGNORED

Sad Night 40 Years Since

ateyomike

a sad night thinking about 40 years ago since the singer of OUR anthem died but i bet he is having a giggle up in heaven about last sat btw if you havent seen the the hitler vid its a must see had me in tears of laughter on such a sad night

a sad night thinking about 40 years ago since the singer of OUR anthem died but i bet he is having a giggle up in heaven about last sat btw if you havent seen the the hitler vid its a must see had me in tears of laughter on such a sad night

Indeed, it's a sad anniversary. I often carefully listen to Adge Cutler because he spoke and sang in the same way as my Grandad. Very few people left around these days with that accent and turn of phrase.

yer me lover i does - btw something mr  cottrell said - its nice being at a team where everyone doesn't take the mick ( meaning piss) out of his accent drink up ye zider a toast to relegation is going ahead upstairs - heaven :laugh:

there are 3 beautiful but different versions on that thread now!  And good night again Adge.  Your memory obviously lingers on at The Gate.

I like the Wurzels. They're funny on a several pints of cider basis, but Adge was sharp, witty and satirical. Virtute et Industrial summed up Bristol then and is still true now. Possibly even more so with the idiot Red Trousers in charge.

Archived