IGNORED

Andy Stockhausen's Match Reports

Eco

Why does he rarely comment on the actual match ?

2/3 of the Crawley report related to 'how far we've come'  which he seems to have mentioned every week for the past two months, plus where we're going next season.

I actually read the Gas match report, for amusement value, and their reporter focused much more on events on the pitch.

From a purely journalistic viewpoint I think Stockers should be relegated in favour of the Rovers reporter, McNamara I think it was.

2/3 of the Crawley report related to 'how far we've come'  which he seems to have mentioned every week for the past two months, plus where we're going next season.

I actually read the Gas match report, for amusement value, and their reporter focused much more on events on the pitch.

From a purely journalistic viewpoint I think Stockers should be relegated in favour of the Rovers reporter, McNamara I think it was.

Well, of course he'll be out of a job next season.

• Admin

They should have a half column in the inside pages a la Bath, Yate & Mangos and I trust local TV won't show clips of their goals, they don't show FGR's !

As much as I agree with you, I wonder what the TV rights are for Skrill games?

I hate to say I fully expect the coverage to stay, I bet they will justify saying that it is for audience numbers 

In terms of radio coverage, I'm sure that 20man said no change - they'll get the same coverage as before.

Whilst I don't think they should have equal status in that respect, they will still be the highest non-league ranking club in RB coverage area so fair enough. Mind you, Bath got little coverage when they were in the Conference Premier.

This is true. People have brought up Weston without any thought to supply and demand; Rovers will pull in at least a couple of thousand next year and have plenty of casuals listening on the Radio. Weston would do neither.

• Admin

Well he had to fill the match report up with something. He most likely spent Saturday afternoon following NLBR's relegation like the rest of us.

As much as I agree with you, I wonder what the TV rights are for Skrill games?

I hate to say I fully expect the coverage to stay, I bet they will justify saying that it is for audience numbers 

BT Sport have the rights, but Points West would be able to show 9 second goal clips under "fair trading" arrangements.

I expect the Beeb will continue to cover NLBR justifying it on the size of their fanbase. As time goes on, and gates dwindle, it might be harder to justify not covering FGR and Salisbury City though.

I think his columns have improved a lot this season. Some of the blogs he put out earlier in the season were very good indeed.

Although an article calling itself a match report should focus on the match itself, and in the past it surely would have done, these days the official site provides a free and comprehensive report of match events so there's little point in the Post simply repeating that. Where they can add something different is by providing independent comment and analysis and I think they've done a reasonable job of that so far.

Archived