IGNORED

Rovers Relegation Odds

Red Skin

What made Rovers falling out of the league all the funnier was the fact it was so unexpected. Most City fans I know thought they'd spawned their way out of it, and I'm sure the reactions at the Mem were partly due to the fact that the (for once not so) blue few turned up expecting to celebrate survival. However, do any of you betting types know what the odds were on the 3 results going the way they did?

(Apologies if already covered elsewhere)

Had a look on Oddschecker on Friday night, the average odds were 

Wycombe ; 1/10 to be relegated

Northampton ; Evens

Bristol Rovers 10/1

although a late flurry of bets saw the Rovers odds come down to 8/1 so some people made money :)

my mate put on 20 quid on rovers to be relegated after they lost against Torquay. I think he won just over 180 inc. his steak!

Massive barbeque at his house this weekend then!

I thought that this was going to be about the odds of them being relegated again to Conference South. Given that Stockport were sent down to the North and they were in the second division far more recently than Rovers nothing can be ruled out!

What you should of done was a treble, Wycombe to win, Northampton to win & Mansfield to win, these were the only results that would of sent them down & would of paid a lot more than the odds quoted above

Beat me to it. You'd have probably got 30/1 ish for that treble, considering 2 would have been away wins.

What made Rovers falling out of the league all the funnier was the fact it was so unexpected. Most City fans I know thought they'd spawned their way out of it, and I'm sure the reactions at the Mem were partly due to the fact that the (for once not so) blue few turned up expecting to celebrate survival. However, do any of you betting types know what the odds were on the 3 results going the way they did?

(Apologies if already covered elsewhere)

my gas mate put a tenner on @10/1 for them to go down thinking it would ease the pain! It didn't he's now disowned them hahaha

I thought that this was going to be about the odds of them being relegated again to Conference South. Given that Stockport were sent down to the North and they were in the second division far more recently than Rovers nothing can be ruled out!

Chatting about this in the pub last night. 4 teams go down from the Conference! Just imagine it. What are the odds of them going straight down again?????

Archived