IGNORED

Jack Grealish (Merged)

Kingswoodactor

He was good, but goes down far too easily and a more tactically savvy manager would have worked out that a right footed player playing on the left will want nothing more than to cut inside on his stronger foot. Get your full back to be strong and show him the line and he wouldn't have had half as much joy.

Can't a professional player work that out without Cotterill holding his hand then? That's not tactics - that's basics!!

He was good, but goes down far too easily and a more tactically savvy manager would have worked out that a right footed player playing on the left will want nothing more than to cut inside on his stronger foot. Get your full back to be strong and show him the line and he wouldn't have had half as much joy.

Play him on the other side then.

Why couldn't Mandy Rice-Campbell play like that for us?

Maybe he would have if we'd ever played him on the right.

I think you have to remember that we're at a lower level and those silky skills wouldn't necessarily dazzle championship opposition so much. 

Personally I think that we got a chance of getting most half decent players down the gate, forgetting where we're in the league this season I reckon most clubs would see us as a top 6 playoff pushing team that players can come to with the view of getting regular games in a decent team, think Luke Freeman would be signable if we can get him before others try but all depends on what other teams are in this league next season with that said we got be thinking the playoffs are a minimum next year seeing as the size of the our support is bigger than most.

I really like Grealish and have sung his praises before.  Some comments on here about Grealish OR Freeman.  Why not both!!  Freeman plays a lot of his time on the right, Grealish mostly on the left.  Both can switch and play either side, and both can be very effective coming inside.

It's been my desire all season to have Grealish & Freeman as our starting wingers.  Both potentially gettable, but unlikely.  It'll be interesting to see what does arrive in the summer - both wings are area's needing significant improvement, and these 2 would have people out of their seats in traditional City 2 winger stylee.

Maybe he would have if we'd ever played him on the right.

I think you have to remember that we're at a lower level and those silky skills wouldn't necessarily dazzle championship opposition so much. 

i thought he was rubbisn,some fancy footwork but didnt use his left foot at all

I really like Grealish and have sung his praises before. Some comments on here about Grealish OR Freeman. Why not both!! Freeman plays a lot of his time on the right, Grealish mostly on the left. Both can switch and play either side, and both can be very effective coming inside.

It's been my desire all season to have Grealish & Freeman as our starting wingers. Both potentially gettable, but unlikely. It'll be interesting to see what does arrive in the summer - both wings are area's needing significant improvement, and these 2 would have people out of their seats in traditional City 2 winger stylee.

would be very nice if we could get the both them & go full out attacking from the whistle get our opposition scared before we've even taken to the field knowing we're be firing shots from the go :-)

would be very nice if we could get the both them & go full out attacking from the whistle get our opposition scared before we've even taken to the field knowing we're be firing shots from the go :-)

My dream team for next year would be :

Lee Nichols GK

James Tavernier RB

Luke Garbutt LB

Curtis Nelson CB

Jack O' Connell CB

Matt Grimes CM

James Wallace CM

Luke Freeman RM

Jack Grealish LM

Andre Gray ST

Scott Hogan ST

Plus - As a wildcard, try to get Jordan Rossiter on loan!!

Of course, I'm happy with Cunningham, Osborne, Williams, Pack, Baldock & JET but I actually think the most of the squad are either a) not good enough, b) won't be here as they don't feature in SC's plans or c) won't be here due to offers elsewhere.  The above team would be what I would try to assemble.

Grealish stood out as a natural talent, an outstandingly gifted young player who made the game look effortless and very simple indeed.

Really a pleasure to watch, no doubt a star of the future, and if there's any chance at all then I'd love to see City bring him to AG for a season.

Lee Nichols GK

James Tavernier RB

Luke Garbutt LB

Curtis Nelson CB

Jack O' Connell CB

Matt Grimes CM

James Wallace CM

Luke Freeman RM

Jack Grealish LM

Andre Gray ST

Scott Hogan ST

Of course, I'm happy with Cunningham, Osborne, Williams, Pack, Baldock & JET but I actually think the most of the squad are either a) not good enough, b) won't be here as they don't feature in SC's plans or c) won't be here due to offers elsewhere.  The above team would be what I would try to assemble.

Please tell me your surname is Lansdown.

Lee Nichols GK

James Tavernier RB

Luke Garbutt LB

Curtis Nelson CB

Jack O' Connell CB

Matt Grimes CM

James Wallace CM

Luke Freeman RM

Jack Grealish LM

Andre Gray ST

Scott Hogan ST

The club should find a space for you on the scouting network

Lee Nichols GK

James Tavernier RB

Luke Garbutt LB

Curtis Nelson CB

Jack O' Connell CB

Matt Grimes CM

James Wallace CM

Luke Freeman RM

Jack Grealish LM

Andre Gray ST

Scott Hogan ST

Do you have any connection with the scouting side of the club Harry, even an unofficial one?

It seems to me the club could do alot worse than involving you in compiling the database for finding new talent for City.

You seem to have a natural enthusiasm for the task, a willingness to watch obscure games, and an eye for spotting young talent which could be a real asset to the club.

If nothing else I hope someone at the club takes note of your posts and recommendations.

Apart from your views about Steve Cotterill, that is. ;)

Archived