IGNORED

Non League City Transfers

Major Isewater

There are quite a few from a few years ago. Terry Cooper signed some when City were in division 4 - e g Jon Economou & Martyn Hurst (university student). Before that Alan Dicks found Tom Ritchie from a non league Scottish team and Clive Whitehead who was paying local football in the midlands.

There are quite a few from a few years ago. Terry Cooper signed some when City were in division 4 - e g Jon Economou & Martyn Hurst (university student). Before that Alan Dicks found Tom Ritchie from a non league Scottish team and Clive Whitehead who was paying local football in the midlands.

Tom Ritchie only came to Bristol to accompany his brother Steve to a City trial.

Got spotted having a kick about and the rest is history.

One of the true City greats.

Jon Economou joined City as an apprentice in Oct 1979, signed by Alan Dicks - made his debut in the post AG8 game v Fulham.

Martyn Hirst was signed by Terry Cooper from Bath City in Oct 1983

Tom Ritchie was signed from Scottish non league side Bridgend Thistle.

Clive Whitehead signed from Northfield Juniors in August 1973

One more no one will remember:  John Emanuel signed from Welsh non league side Ferndale (1971)

Ian Brown Brown Brown.

Signed by Osman wasn't he?  I recall seeing him in a pre-season friendly against Man Utd.  He looked a real handful on the day, but his chief asset in the long run ended up being hard work.  Is that about right?

Signed by Osman wasn't he?  I recall seeing him in a pre-season friendly against Man Utd.  He looked a real handful on the day, but his chief asset in the long run ended up being hard work.  Is that about right?

Can't remember too much about him to be fair. He played in that 3 - 3 draw against United and that's about it. Almost scored the winner against Schmeichel.

Had a very good record in non league if my memory serves me right. Never heard of him again after he left us, which wasn't very long after he joined.

****, he has an entry in wiki, how random. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Brown_%28footballer%29

Archived