IGNORED

Rubbish Off-Season Thread

Manon

Have wagon wheels shrank?

Or have I just grown?

Just ate my first one for many many years....still damn tasty though!

Both of the above!

(But yes, they are smaller).  Also, Snickers are smaller than they used to be (selling 'em in twos now to fool you).

Snickers are also smaller than the Marathons they replaced.

Plus ca change as they say in Germany

I think the same can be said of Curley Wurley's as well. I'm sure I remember when I was little being able to prop one up against the back wall of my house and use it to climb up and get in through my bedroom window. Today it seems like they are just about small enough to fit into the palm of my hand.

Also, I know it saved them a fortune in production costs but I miss the little bit of cardboard you once got in a Bounty.

That only goes from the early 80's.

In my childhood they were definitely much bigger.

Used to be a hell of a scramble at the EE hatch to get one at half time in the early 70's.

The other thing I've just eaten is a bag of fish n chips (crisp/savoury things). Anyone remember them?

Have they just made a comeback or have I just not noticed them?

I also noticed these the other day when out shopping. As for things like Choc and Crisps it's all made smaller so to keep the price down as much as possible. People don't notice a gram or two missing but would notice it costing a extra couple of pence. Also I have noticed that a lot of companies make their products even smaller so they can sell them in pound shops.

Whilst on this subject I remember being able to buy a mars bar for like 20p, what are they now 70p?

I almost feel sorry for the kids of today as there seemed to be much more choice back in the day. Like why is there no longer toys in the cereal packs? I used to love that.

I also noticed these the other day when out shopping. As for things like Choc and Crisps it's all made smaller so to keep the price down as much as possible. People don't notice a gram or two missing but would notice it costing a extra couple of pence. Also I have noticed that a lot of companies make their products even smaller so they can sell them in pound shops.

Whilst on this subject I remember being able to buy a mars bar for like 20p, what are they now 70p?

I almost feel sorry for the kids of today as there seemed to be much more choice back in the day. Like why is there no longer toys in the cereal packs? I used to love that.

Last part:

The main seller for toys in cereals was Movies, Look at the McDonald's Happy meal for example. Film companies set up deals with cereal companies by having advertising their company using the film

Worked wonders with Jaws and star wars.... (I still have the toy shark and Anakin Skywalker) Nowadays less people go to the cinema unless there is a big release

I dived into the that trap and bought loads of shreddies when I was a kid just because it had Monsters Inc. Toys in, I didn't even like shreddies

Archived