IGNORED

Glastonbury Traffic On The M5

The Batman

Hello Folks

Never been Glasto before nor have I been in the area when it's been on.

For this year, I have to go to Newquay on that weekend.

Just how bad does the traffic get on the m5 when it's on?

Is it worth going on there or does anyone have an alternative route to avoid the junction if the traffic gets pretty bad.

Everyone I've asked so far does not know so I thought I'd open it out on here.

thanks guys

the train was an option, but getting to Newquay from the midlands involves a lot of changes and takes a hell of a lot longer than driving, and it's a lot more expensive than it would be car pooling with fuel costs.

At least from what you say most of the Glastonbury folk will be there on Thursday so I'll miss them lot, then the Friday when I go down to Newquay should be a lot better on the M5 around the Glasto junction.

:-)

m5 is fine its once you get off it becomes a problem, the local roads can't handle the traffic, it may be better to get the train to castle cary and go from there

I'm not going to tell you who was the first to use Castle Cary to get back from Glasto, because you wouldn't believe me.

thanks guys

the train was an option, but getting to Newquay from the midlands involves a lot of changes and takes a hell of a lot longer than driving, and it's a lot more expensive than it would be car pooling with fuel costs.

At least from what you say most of the Glastonbury folk will be there on Thursday so I'll miss them lot, then the Friday when I go down to Newquay should be a lot better on the M5 around the Glasto junction.

:-)

where abouts do you get the train from, Birmingham new street?, you would have 2 changes, Exeter St Davids and Par, takes roughly 5 and ahlf hours tho'

Over the years i've seen traffic queue back on the M5 from Puriton Hill, but not stopping traffic on the M5.

Your biggest traffic worry when you go (it will depend on day and time) will be where the A30 goes from dual carriageway to single at Temple near Bodmin. Get it wrong and you'll be sat in traffic for anything up to 2+hrs

Archived