IGNORED

Cheltenham Away

Redarmy987

I've never been there, don't know Cheltenham at all, isn't it quite a way from the station?

I grew up there. Its about a 45 min walk, but the town center pubs are the half way point. Sandford ale house is on the way and has some decent ciders, Flat and fizzy. Otherwise go via the Bath road for decent pubs, a good number have Gold on tap. 

I've never been there, don't know Cheltenham at all, isn't it quite a way from the station?

Went to watch Yate there a couple of years back, and got the train.

It is a long way, but definitely walkable, with many pubs on route. Walking at an average pace, you could probably do it in an hour and 15 minutes?

Thanks for all the info, I'll have a think about it closer to the time. I don't suppose it's too bad walking before the match, just might be a hell of a jog after if the trains don't run often.

And Timothy, your predictive text must be the same one as mine, god knows what I write sometimes but nudes made me laugh. A mate once wrote to a male colleague 'don't forget to bring your wellies' and ended up texting 'don't forget to bring your willie'

Theirs nudes every few minutes from the station main entrance to the town centre, and it's only a ten minute walk from their to the ground, the soudley arms on the way to the ground tends to be popular with away fans.

The only time I've ever seen one of your posts and genuinely got excited! ;)

I love Cheltenham away.

My 22nd birthday was particular memorable. No away tickets left so we tried sneaking into home end. All going to plan until a few of our lot further up the que got collared and as they were being marched back past us one kindly watrned us that the police were all over and we shouldn't try it. Cue the old bill then clocking us and turning us aroubnd!

I think the day also included novelty oversized sunglasses and eating bags of weed to avoid detection.

A great birthday/awayday.

Theirs nudes every few minutes from the station main entrance to the town centre, and it's only a ten minute walk from their to the ground, the soudley arms on the way to the ground tends to be popular with away fans.

This sounds like my birthday!!!!!

Were you there?

I live in Cheltenham now so would be more than happy to meet up with any of you for a few beers. I would also be willing to meet any of you at the train station and get you to the pubs\ground. The ground is only 10-15mins from the town centre and some OK pubs on route.

Cheltenham made such an impression that later in the season, after Chesterfield away was called off en route, we headed straight there! Well almost, after we werent allowed off at Derby or allowed to change for Millwall Stoke.

That was a quality night out!

You did well!

As I say, we were well past derby when it actually got cancelled. I remember the police telling us it was cancelled then asking us to look into a camera and state names etc. A few more well educated bods told them to go forth and multiply as they had no legal right.

Interesting day.

Archived