IGNORED

New City Shirt

sglosbcfc

I suppose it's good, and right, that the club are taking their time and insisting that it's right and of good quality or they will be swamped with complaints and people won't buy. I'm a bit concerned though that this couldn't have been sorted out months ago, shouldn't bit be as one kit is launched you start work on the next one?

I remember when the new kit was worn by the players on the last game of the season and available to buy shortly after.This could be as early as April, so assuming this happens the season after next this new shirt will only be 'new' for 9 months if it comes out in July? Also as many have said people buy them to wear on holiday, many people holiday before July.

Like I said I'm glad the club are trying to get it right, but once again I feel things could have been better. Same old story, are we just that unlucky with everything we try to deal with? I hope we have negotiated a good deal regarding pricing of them too.

Remember when we all kicked off about a shirt we didn't like, our first Bristol trade centre shirt I think, David Cotterill modelled it, anyone got a pic? They changed it after

Christ, dunno about the quality but the design....eewwwww

Remember when we all kicked off about a shirt we didn't like, our first Bristol trade centre shirt I think, David Cotterill modelled it, anyone got a pic? They changed it after

Please, no pics - that burned my eyes when it got released! Awful shirt, and Cotterill as a model!?

And that was the reason why we went for a brand like Puma in the first place.

Thanks, I wonder why Jon is being so cagey?

Possibly something to do with the fact that the 'collared' version someone pasted looks a tad poor... wait.. that sounds like a contradiction...

We dare for the club to actually launch a decent shirt for once in a blue moon. 

One that is decent cotton/poly mix, well stitched and ended off and with all red and no rather stupid squirly lines. Oh and no collar. ;)

According to the minutes on the website "Imagery is due out in July following a detailed design and consultation process" which I take to mean that whilst we will see an image during July of what the new kit will look like it will not be available to buy - a shame as football kits are ideal for kids in the summer holidays. My kids live in them during the summer, but it looks like they won't be available until late summer (or when the new season starts).

If the kit was decided and displayed way before the end of the season, then why are they 'tweaking' it now?

The powers that be will blame the stadium fiasco when the shirt comes out and looks worse than any TFG kit we had.

I predict a disaster shirt that'll not go down too well.

Ridiculous. If a shirt is more or less being designed 'in-house' by Bristol Sport then it should be ready and unveiled EARLY. It's not like we're waiting for a foreign third party company to release it FFS.

I'm not one to be getting all excited about the shirt, but feel it's a sign of very bad practice from the club.

If the kit is nice and well priced and considering it is I understand being supplied 'in-house' then I will buy 1 or 3... I am back for much of June so let's hope its available before I depart again... If not I'll see what BCFC running shirts they have.

Archived