IGNORED

Uefa Come Down Hard On Man City

Major Isewater

Is this Toure thing actually for real or some sort of elaborate wind up?

Is he really having kittens over not getting 'congratulated' for having a birthday?

Probably the most ridiculous story I've ever read. He must be in cuckoo land.

Citeh fan on talk sport earlier said he's pulled stunts like this twice before in the past to bumper up a fat new contract. Him and his agent are a disgrace.

Maybe it is to do with European employment laws. I thought the only reason they can get away with the home grown players element is because the clubs agree to it not because UEFA can enforce it. Any clubs choose to object in court they would probably win. Perhaps it is similar in terms of capped spending etc

(I'm sure someone more intelligent than myself could probably tell you for sure).

not a cricket fan but I think I heard that clubs can only sign 2 overseas players( is that right ?)

And if so why is it able to be enforced in cricket and not football?

Citeh fan on talk sport earlier said he's pulled stunts like this twice before in the past to bumper up a fat new contract. Him and his agent are a disgrace.

Appallingly greedy without a doubt.

I don't see why so many clubs always cave in to player demands.

I've absolutely no time for the likes of clubs like Man City who have been subsumed by the richest of the rich and the greediest of the greedy.

I would give it 3 years before Man City are more hated than Man Utd, at the moment most people are just glad to see a new club taking over at the top. Soon enough they will be even worse than Chelski for using money as a blunt instrument to prevent other clubs challenging them. Don't you just love the Prem? :facepalm:

not a cricket fan but I think I heard that clubs can only sign 2 overseas players( is that right ?)

And if so why is it able to be enforced in cricket and not football?

Don't know the answer either but, as Europeans don't really play the game, there is little chance of flouting employment rules.

I would give it 3 years before Man City are more hated than Man Utd, at the moment most people are just glad to see a new club taking over at the top. Soon enough they will be even worse than Chelski for using money as a blunt instrument to prevent other clubs challenging them. Don't you just love the Prem? :facepalm:

i disagree unlike man u and chelsea their fans don't have a sence of entitlement and are quite humble in what has happened to their club (can't speak for the players and media of course)

what they have to do is install the humility to their younger generation of fans otherwise you will be correct, it will take longer then 3 years for that to happen

a club's most saleable assets, and its biggest opportunity to trade is seriously hampered by the transfer window notwithstanding the fact that sales can take place but registrations cannot be transferred. I take your point, but I don't see how a trading window can be proportionate.

Yes, but as someone else has pointed out, that's a rule that applies within the competition rather than to the business. I'm not saying its a definitive opinion at all, but I'm sure I've heard that this applies from multiple sources. To be honest, I don't have a problem with it because you'll just end up with richer, under-performing teams buying their way out of trouble and exploiting the financial position of poorer teams. It's a difficult question though

Yes, but as someone else has pointed out, that's a rule that applies within the competition rather than to the business. I'm not saying its a definitive opinion at all, but I'm sure I've heard that this applies from multiple sources. To be honest, I don't have a problem with it because you'll just end up with richer, under-performing teams buying their way out of trouble and exploiting the financial position of poorer teams. It's a difficult question though

Was n't one of the ideas of the transfer window to encourage better coaching of the players already on the clubs books when there was an opportunity rather than simply splashing the cash ?

However it's still the rich getting richer and sod the rest .

I recall Blackburn Rovers ,buying striker ,Duncan Shearer from their promotion rivals,Swindon,just to derail their campaign .He hardly played for Rovers but as a cunning plan it worked.

i disagree unlike man u and chelsea their fans don't have a sence of entitlement and are quite humble in what has happened to their club (can't speak for the players and media of course)

what they have to do is install the humility to their younger generation of fans otherwise you will be correct, it will take longer then 3 years for that to happen

Citeh fans are the gas heads of the northwest. Everything they do is related to the team down the road that play in red. Even when they win the title, the banners and the chants are about their rivals in red! Constantly harping on about their new stadium which in reality is a soulless bowl. Fair enough it must be difficult having a much more successful team across the city dominating them for so long, but get a grip!

Archived