IGNORED

New Signings

Go Junior GO

After listening to SC's radio interview over the weekend it looks like we are going to be signing players in the 24-28 age group says he thinks we need to freshen things up but not with youth as we have them already at the club, 

Therefore I cant see us signing wade or nyron or any exciting young players like the lad on loan at notts county

all in all a good policy for our club we should have a decent wage budget after realeasing a few players on high wages 

Well done Steve

all looking good for next season

After listening to SC's radio interview over the weekend it looks like we are going to be signing players in the 24-28 age group says he thinks we need to freshen things up but not with youth as we have them already at the club,

Therefore I cant see us signing wade or nyron or any exciting young players like the lad on loan at notts county

all in all a good policy for our club we should have a decent wage budget after realeasing a few players on high wages

Well done Steve

Well maybe, I thought the below 24 with sell on policy last season was a good plan.. Good in theory but waiting to see who is bought in first

Well done Steve

thats not how I see it,

I see it as this,

We aren't going to sign loads of youth to fill up the under 21's as it blocks the progress of our own players (there will be exceptions if there are bargins or the correct players out there)

We are looking to sign experianced players at a good age where they can still develop (this isn't set in stone we aren't only going to sign 24 - 28 yo)

We will not sign older pro's as a rule but there will be exceptions to this if the right player is available for the right price (if jolon lescott and ashley cole both want to sign for bristol city on 3k a week we would be mad to turn the away because they are too old, nether are we going to sign steve elliot from cheletenham because he adds nothing to team)

its like the 5 pillers they are guide lines only not the be all and end all of things that must be stricly adhered too,

Since when have we stuck to a transfer policy?

It's still logical and likely Wade will sign.

What SC (and most managers) say about signings mean nothing when speaking to the press. Infact, why believe what is said to the press with regards to anything except post-match comments....

There are far too many real problems with hard and fast transfer policies.

What if a better player outside of your policy guidelines becomes available?, what if there is not a suitable 24 yr old or under available (do you go for 2nd or 3rd best).

I agree with Monkeh, we are no better or no worse than pretty much 88 other clubs but almost certainly better than most and improving, we need to make sure the facilities at AG and Failand keep on improving, we need to blood the better younger academy players when they are ready and they need to seize the moment and strive for consistency, a overhaul of these proportions cannot happen overnight, but hopefully we are going in the right direction.

and very importantly how about a bit of loyalty from the staff, instead of whinging and whining to 'outsiders' who then post those gripes on here, either grow a set and if it's that important resign and seek employment elsewhere or show a bit of loyalty to the people who employ you and pay for your nice lifestyle.

Archived