IGNORED

Chris Billy, Martin O'neill, Robbie Earle, Martin Hirst, Lord Daniel....

BS4 on Tour...

...the Roll of Honour for monumental acts against the Gas.

Allow me to elaborate;

Chris Billy - scored the winner against the delusional sags for Huddersfield in the play offs at Wembley

Martin O'Neill - turned down the delusional sags to take the manager's job at Wycombe saying 'they've got more potential than Bristol Rovers...'

Robbie Earle - scored the winner against the delusional sags for Port Vale in the play offs. A BT technician was working at my house that day. I was listening to the sags game on the radio, when Earle scored I went berserk and he ran into the room saying 'Have Rovers scored?' Imagine my delight when I replied 'No!!!!'

Martin Hirst - December 10th 1983, enough said

Lord Daniel of Mansfield - 3rd May 2014 - no additional words needed

Who have I missed - obviously every City player who has scored against them but who else?!

Nick Frost for wearing a gas shirt while playing the role of a complete imbicile (sp) in Hot fuzz... most appropriate....

Apparently he had a choice of a City or Rovers shirt, and thought that as his character was a bit of a dullard, the Gas kit seemed more appropriate.

He was very uneasy about wearing either, though, as he's a massive West Ham fan!

Danny Baker named NLBR as officially the most mediocre club in the country!....based upon their record of never being in the top flight and relatively low amount of seasons in the bottom league!....What would they give to be mediocre now??!

However the award should go to....Wycombe Wanderers....One week they gave, ensuring the maximum amount of Sags for a home game and then taking away by beating Torquay and assigning The Horse Punchers to a greatly deserved fate watched by 75,000 loyal Saggers! 

Danny Baker named NLBR as officially the most mediocre club in the country!....based upon their record of never being in the top flight and relatively low amount of seasons in the bottom league!....What would they give to be mediocre now??!

However the award should go to....Wycombe Wanderers....One week they gave, ensuring the maximum amount of Sags for a home game and then taking away by beating Torquay and assigning The Horse Punchers to a greatly deserved fate watched by 75,000 loyal Saggers! 

I remember this well, always loved Danny Baker, this moved that onto another level though!

I think at the time they had a season record of something like P 18 W 6 D 6 L 6 GF 20 GA 20 as well, which only added to their mediocrity

Would I be correct in saying that Colin Lee who scored 4 goals for Tottenham in that 9-0 game was released by city as a trainee

Not quite, 2 and a half years as a pro at City before being released without making his debut aged 21.

City sent him out on loan to Hereford at one stage, 0 goals in 9 games.

Not quite, 2 and a half years as a pro at City before being released without making his debut aged 21.

City sent him out on loan to Hereford at one stage, 0 goals in 9 games.

I see nothing's changed, then

City have youth player, youth player does nowt, leaves, does something somewhere else

<<Cries a little bit>>

I see nothing's changed, then

City have youth player, youth player does nowt, leaves, does something somewhere else

<<Cries a little bit>>

Not really, he had a reasonable career but don't forget he signed for both Spurs and Chelsea when they were in the 2nd division.

He was never a prolific goalscorer anywhere, in fact he was even converted into a centre half.

City had the likes of Cheesley, Ritchie, Royle, Mabbutt etc., about this time all of whom were far better than Lee imo.

then went chelsea

Indeed, after Torquay first, and then Spurs, he moved on to 2nd division Chelsea.

Some early success at Chelsea certainly, but not thought of highly enough as a striker, so converted into a centre half by the age of 28 and played the rest of his career there.

Archived