IGNORED

Micky Bell

G Block

As I was reading about 'The Seagulls' I wondered what Weston's nickname was. My first thought was Western Donkeys - not meant in a derogatory manner at all, that's what I associate with WSM

Nah. It's "The Mudlarks".

A good place to send some development players out on loan?

I think the bit about Mickey being able to use his contacts more effectively at Conference South level is an indicator that one or two of our young lads will be cutting their teeth down there.

100% guys.

I've seen Micky at numerous City youth fixtures and can often see him chatting to Tinnion & Anton, so he's clearly in the know of who we've got and who might be available.

I think it's a great idea to get our 17-19 year olds playing regularly in competitive men's football, and with Weston generally being at the right end of the league, they'll also face pressured environments, sturdy opposition and get to appreciate a winning mentality.  Would love Batten & Morrell to get out there and prove themselves worthy in a league only 3 down from our first team.

Is there anything stopping Lansdown from buying say Weston and then using them to field our younger players, they are half hour down the road from us, could share our training facilities etc.

I don't know specifically.... but even if it was allowed they would be barred from the FA cup and promotion past the Conference Prem due to conflict of interest.

Plus if it was possible they wouldn't need to suggest Prem 'B' teams as it would already have happened.

Then there is the other side of the coin, would you like city to be bought as a B side for a Prem team? Restricted from competitions and barred from climbing up the leagues? Imagine how the 'gullers' (made that up) would feel if it happened to their team.

Archived