IGNORED

Oldest Person You Know - Earliest Memory

MrBibs

I was chatting to my 95 year old great uncle in his rest home.  I asked him what his earliest memory is and it was being carried on his Dad's shoulders to watch a football game in Oldland.  His dad died when he was 5 so that's over 90 years ago.   

Amazes me that he was around before the Cadbury's factory was built, and when a certain local team were non-league the first time around.

What's the oldest person you know and their earliest memory? I recall speaking to my Uncle Jim (1893- 1989) about his WWI experiences in the North Somerset Yeomanry.  They had to follow orders at all times and were not allowed to tighten the saddles on their horses.  As they had become so thin the saddles would slip round and the riders would slip straight off, so the earliest memory recounted to me must be from nearly 100 years ago.  Luckily my mum got him to tell her about his War experiences and she got them all down in writing.

Would be interested to hear any of your similar stories.

Oldest person I know is 91. He's quite a simple fella really. He never married or any of that malarkey, his niece, who I know, says Bristol City really is his only true love an I talk nothing else with him when I see him. He lives in the Del Boy flats behind the Dolman.

Archived