IGNORED

Froch V Groves

chivers88

Difficult one. Groves should have won last time based on points, he will easily outpoint Froch, but will he have learned to not get involved in a brawl again in the later rounds. If he does get dragged into a scrap Froch will put him away again.

Froch to win inside 8. He has previous for not messing up a fight twice, i.e. Kessler, and I don't think Groves is bright enough to out think him twice. Should be a good scrap though

Froch is a warrior, a brawling type of boxer. Groves is more technically sound, if he can stay calm and collective instead of getting drawn into a scrap he should win even on points.

Don't think Froch will underestimate Groves this time. Should be an epic fight and certainly the biggest British fight ever.

Most hyped fight ever

Froch is just a hard b####d who can take a punch but has little class

Groves couldnt live with the likes of Benn Watson Eubanks Collins and JC

Froch is a warrior, a brawling type of boxer. Groves is more technically sound, if he can stay calm and collective instead of getting drawn into a scrap he should win even on points.

I agree to a point but the only guy he's ever fought and not beaten is Andre Ward, so he's got something about him as a boxer. Groves has the better technique but I don't think he can knock Froch out and Froch will have learnt from the last one, a la Kessler

Well last time around I predicted on this very forum that Froch would get put on the canvas for the first time in his career - and he did.

I said if Groves boxed to a game plan he would win. He didn't quite do that last time although I felt the stoppage came far too early.

Same again really...if Groves boxes smart like he did for the first 5 rounds in the last fight he will win.

If Froch catches up with him and draws him into a fight then Froch probably wins.

I still think Groves is all wrong for Froch and I also think Groves still has the upper hand psychologically.

I also wonder whether all the punishment Froch has taken over the past 4/5 years has finally now caught up with him?

The first fight highlighted just how much quicker Groves is than Froch, he can make Froch miss and miss badly at will.

It's a close one to call of course but I'll have my cash on Groves and maybe a sneaky few quid on the draw at 25/1.

Well last time around I predicted on this very forum that Froch would get put on the canvas for the first time in his career - and he did.

I said if Groves boxed to a game plan he would win. He didn't quite do that last time although I felt the stoppage came far too early.

Same again really...if Groves boxes smart like he did for the first 5 rounds in the last fight he will win.

If Froch catches up with him and draws him into a fight then Froch probably wins.

I still think Groves is all wrong for Froch and I also think Groves still has the upper hand psychologically.

I also wonder whether all the punishment Froch has taken over the past 4/5 years has finally now caught up with him?

The first fight highlighted just how much quicker Groves is than Froch, he can make Froch miss and miss badly at will.

It's a close one to call of course but I'll have my cash on Groves and maybe a sneaky few quid on the draw at 25/1.

was the 2nd time froch had been floored physiologically I think froch is in a lot better place then the last fight. I do think the last few tv apperances especially the gloves are off on Saturday froch won the physiological battle groves looks rattled when froch wins those battles.

was the 2nd time froch had been floored physiologically I think froch is in a lot better place then the last fight. I do think the last few tv apperances especially the gloves are off on Saturday froch won the physiological battle groves looks rattled when froch wins those battles.

Yeah sorry forgot about the Taylor knock down. Not seen gloves are off but seen several interviews with the pair of them. Honestly don't think Groves will be rattled at all, he's a tough kid and still goes in as the underdog. He will be the crowds favourite this time IMO especially as the fight is in London, I'm sure that'll impact on Froch's recently inflated ego...

I just don't see Groves getting stopped this time, as long as he boxes smart: he's young, too quick and wins on points.

Yeah sorry forgot about the Taylor knock down. Not seen gloves are off but seen several interviews with the pair of them. Honestly don't think Groves will be rattled at all, he's a tough kid and still goes in as the underdog. He will be the crowds favourite this time IMO especially as the fight is in London, I'm sure that'll impact on Froch's recently inflated ego...

I just don't see Groves getting stopped this time, as long as he boxes smart: he's young, too quick and wins on points.

he may come across all stronger in the head and that but if he starts losing control of an interview he loses his head and looks like a sad child think he needs to mature alittle before becoming world champion which he will I just don't think he is ready yet and if he doesn't stop froch early he will lose his head and control of the fight which he won't like he is the type that needs to be in control at all times to hide his own weaknesses imo

Totally agree, Groves was close to losing it in the Sky interview with Nelson. Froch got under his skin

he may come across all stronger in the head and that but if he starts losing control of an interview he loses his head and looks like a sad child think he needs to mature alittle before becoming world champion which he will I just don't think he is ready yet and if he doesn't stop froch early he will lose his head and control of the fight which he won't like he is the type that needs to be in control at all times to hide his own weaknesses imo

Fair enough, I agree to an extent. But I think the first fight proves that Groves is ready to be a World Champ. He was 4 rounds up after 8 (6-2) on everyone's scorecard (apart from the two presumably blind or corrupt judges who had Groves only 1 up) and the fight was stopped prematurely and unfairly with the IBF ordering the rematch let's not forget...

Many people saying Froch will be better this time around...well I think Groves IF he's listened to Paddy Fitzpatrick will also be better this time. Makes for a great fight, that's for sure.

Fair enough, I agree to an extent. But I think the first fight proves that Groves is ready to be a World Champ. He was 4 rounds up after 8 (6-2) on everyone's scorecard (apart from the two presumably blind or corrupt judges who had Groves only 1 up) and the fight was stopped prematurely and unfairly with the IBF ordering the rematch let's not forget...

Many people saying Froch will be better this time around...well I think Groves IF he's listened to Paddy Fitzpatrick will also be better this time. Makes for a great fight, that's for sure.

agreed but how many fights has froch been losing heavily and still won Kessler 2 and ward are examples that pop in to my head. Froch keeps referring to the Lucian Bute fight and saying that was the most determined he ever was to win a fight untill now. Should check out the 5 rounds of domination on YouTube watch a fight. Buzzing for it Saturday will be the biggest fight for year even khan meyweather if they ever fight won't touch this.

agreed but how many fights has froch been losing heavily and still won Kessler 2 and ward are examples that pop in to my head. Froch keeps referring to the Lucian Bute fight and saying that was the most determined he ever was to win a fight untill now. Should check out the 5 rounds of domination on YouTube watch a fight. Buzzing for it Saturday will be the biggest fight for year even khan meyweather if they ever fight won't touch this.

Froch lost to Ward, badly. Ward totally outclassed him. Kessler fights like Froch, toe to toe. Groves is quicker than Kessler and a much better fighter at range and on the back foot. The Bute fight was a strange one as on the night Bute showed nothing to suggest he was any good though massive credit to Froch of course for tearing into him. Groves won't make the same mistakes Bute did that night.

Kessler and Bute were made for Froch as they both stand and trade. Ward is a quality boxer who made Froch look sluggish and I believe Groves (whilst clearly not as good as Ward) is a closer match to Ward than the other two.

Anyone know which pubs are showing this? I assume the Sportsman will be but I don't want to go up there unless I absolutely have to as I can stand the stench of methane for too long...

Edit - Just noticed it's on at Walkabout. Anywhere else?

Froch lost to Ward, badly. Ward totally outclassed him. Kessler fights like Froch, toe to toe. Groves is quicker than Kessler and a much better fighter at range and on the back foot. The Bute fight was a strange one as on the night Bute showed nothing to suggest he was any good though massive credit to Froch of course for tearing into him. Groves won't make the same mistakes Bute did that night.

Kessler and Bute were made for Froch as they both stand and trade. Ward is a quality boxer who made Froch look sluggish and I believe Groves (whilst clearly not as good as Ward) is a closer match to Ward than the other two.

Agree with all of that. Froch talks about the Bute fight a little too much IMO. He went straight through the guy but Bute was stupid enough to be a static target!  :boxing:

I think Chivers must be referring to the Jermaine Taylor fight where he came from behind. Losing on the score cards and managed a TKO with 14 seconds left. Showed great character and will.

The Ward fight really was a schooling for Froch however I do believe that guy is in a class above everybody else in the division.

Really can not wait for the fight this Saturday but I still get the feeling that Groves will lose discipline after the 5th/6th and start trading with CF which will ultimately lead to the same result as the 1st fight. 

The Ward fight really was a schooling for Froch however I do believe that guy is in a class above everybody else in the division.

Really can not wait for the fight this Saturday but I still get the feeling that Groves will lose discipline after the 5th/6th and start trading with CF which will ultimately lead to the same result as the 1st fight. 

Agree about Ward: a slippery customer who may never be beaten.

I watched the 9th round again last night and I'd forgotten how rattled Groves was at the start of the round, he was desperately trying to hold onto Froch. He must've been hurt quite badly. The stoppage was still early but certainly you'd of thought Froch would've finished him. Groves has to be smarter on Saturday, get on his bike and stay out of trouble!

I know it's an IF, but, if Froch hadn't have been floored in the first round, you would have seen a much better Froch. He was rattled for a good few rounds after round 1 and Groves couldn't finish him off. Froch was very poor that night but still won, will he be as bad as that again. I don't think he can be.

I know it's an IF, but, if Froch hadn't have been floored in the first round, you would have seen a much better Froch. He was rattled for a good few rounds after round 1 and Groves couldn't finish him off. Froch was very poor that night but still won, will he be as bad as that again. I don't think he can be.

Well he said himself that he just wasn't expecting such a tough fight so I don't think the knock down made any difference. He was fighting a quicker fighter much like Ward was. I have watched all of Grove's fights and it's always the same. He slows down and he lost the last few rounds against Degale but built up a lead early and held on. I just hope this one doesn't end early. A decent undercard as well will make a good night of boxing. I am gutted I have to wait until Sunday night to watch it as I am a stupid wedding. STUPID WEDDING!!

Well he said himself that he just wasn't expecting such a tough fight so I don't think the knock down made any difference. He was fighting a quicker fighter much like Ward was. I have watched all of Grove's fights and it's always the same. He slows down and he lost the last few rounds against Degale but built up a lead early and held on. I just hope this one doesn't end early. A decent undercard as well will make a good night of boxing. I am gutted I have to wait until Sunday night to watch it as I am a stupid wedding. STUPID WEDDING!!

It's not too late to dump her mate.

Archived