IGNORED

Why Do We Do It ?

Major Isewater

A disciple of Willy Wonker (all allegations of peadophilic activity have been dropped) and his scrumdidilyumpious bars. Not to be confused with oompah loompahs, who are paid employees/slaves.

i thought similar of the oompahloompahs with the slight difference that yes, they are slaves but only have one extra digit on one hand suggesting there is city blood in the family somewhere thus giving them an opportunity to watch a real team play league football

Apparently I was in the supporters club when I was 3, so got my now departed parents to thank for a lifetime of supporting the City.

Just feels like my club, I've no interest in any other club and if I ever moved away I would never support another team. Going into the 'Gate feels like home. Silly really, but I feel I belong there.

Why do we do it ? nothing at all logical about it,you cant help who you fall in love with, city are the love of my life ' in a football context ' every other club means nothing.

One can't help the odd lustful but fleeting glance at other clubs though.

The odd match "away from home " eh ?

The shallow flings which make us keep coming back for the more meaningful affair with our first and only real love.

I have often asked myself why I support the City, in truth I had no choice, it was a birth right, and the rivalry, albeit a lot more pleasant with the Rovers in those days cemented my fate.

My passion for City is as much now as it was all those years ago, it has been hard, probably more misery than joy, I wish I could just enjoy supporting a club rather than it being a all consuming business that on match day there is nothing else that matters, nothing.

My first interest if football came watching England win the World Cup in '66, so i started nagging my dad (who being from the East End of London was a bit of an Hammers fan) to take me to a match. Ashton Gate was the nearest ground to our home town WSM.

So on the 7th January 1967 a lifetime of pain started with a 1-0 home win over Wolves

He did eventually take me to Upton Park but it was too late.

CTID :chant6ez:

You saw us beat WOLVES! More than most City fans can say :(

A Man Utd 'fan' from Bristol would never get the same feeling when they win the Champions League that we get when City get promoted, it means more because we get put through so many difficult times (relegations) whereas they don't know what a difficult time is

Of course they do.......7th in the premier league! Haha

Archived