IGNORED

Albert Made The Final Ghana Squad

bristolcitysweden

Dont get how anyone can say he was overrated on here. He was a joy to watch and got you on the edge of your seat. He had off games but doesnt everyone.

Add to that the type of guy he is and you cant help but want him to go as far as possible. The World Cup is a good starting point.

His biggest problem was the muppets he had playing along side him during his time here. We became to reliant on him.

Heres hoping he has a great tournament and gets sold on for a decent fee.

Albert was the only exciting thing in games for a long time. He was a top player and was one of the only people actually to run at the defence and he always caused problems. The fact that he was often double marked whenever he got the ball says he was a good player...

If I was making a City XI from the last few seasons and I had to choose between Albert and JET, I would much rather have Albert.

He's a top bloke and a top championship (maybe even decent Prem?) player and I hope he gets some games out in Brazil

Maybe he was overrated by City fans in general terms, but in the context of the team he played in during his last season for us, he was like Messi, Ronaldo and Roy-of-the-*******-Rovers rolled into one

I had the pleasure of meeting Albert and I'm absolutely delighted for him. A genuine bloke and top player for this club and he totally deserves this.

Really pleased for him and amazed he was slated by so many during his time here. He carried us for so long and it's just a shame he was never in a successful or even half decent City side. One of my favourite City players in recent times. Genuinely hope he gets plenty of game time to show his ability this summer.

Congrats Albert!

Clear favourites Germany and Portugal.

But.

If Ghana should progress, and if Albert plays....

I would agree with you, its just I have a sneaking feeling that ghana will adjust to the heat better then portugal,

its a tough old group that germany should win but 2nd place is going to be extremly tough

Ghana will pose an unorthadox challenge for Portugal and Germany. Much more physical power.

Unknown quantities can surpass.

Other than Ronaldo, will many others be a major threat to Ghana in their side?

Ronaldo is good enough on his own.

Should have reached the semi last time we all know what happened there.

Every year someone outdoes themselves so who knows.

Why is he disliked by the fans though?

Probably because they're envious that he's not only a great football player, but he's very humble and happy individual too.

Some may object to him being born in England and representing their country - that's not unknown.

I think I also heard he's threatening to take the position of one of Ghana's all time favourites, and he gets marked down by their media and public because of that.

I think I also heard he's threatening to take the position of one of Ghana's all time favourites, and he gets marked down by their media and public because of that.

I think this may be it, or was. I believe that he was a late call up to the most recent African Cup of nations squad due to a fall out between Ghana and their star player Andre Ayew, hence why Albert wore the no.10 shirt.

I hope Albert is involved in the world cup, would love to watch him play again.

Archived