IGNORED

City Fans In The Jungle

North London Red

Fair play, it doesn't sound too appealing after seeing all the bad press.

Saying that I've been entering every World Cup competition I can find to try and win tickets and flights!

The press really get on my wick. Every world cup there are stories of impending doom about the organisation or levels of crime. Was exactly the same in South Africa 4 years ago, but aside from the dreadful football served up by England, it ended up being a great trip.

Anyway, I hope to see you out there!

Have you got a flag to take with you so when they scan around stadium in TV we can see the mighty bcfc flag

Sadly not, although I always see a few BCFC flags on England away trips, and I'm sure there will be a few in Brazil.

Anyone else on here heading to Manaus for England v Italy in eleven days' time?

Anti-malaria pills, industrial grade insect repellent, yellow fever vaccination and factor 50 sun block all at the ready. Really looking forward to this one.

Giving Manaus the swerve, but popping down for the Uruguay game.  Still got a health advisory on yellow fever etc from the local FA here.

Giving Manaus the swerve, but popping down for the Uruguay game.  Still got a health advisory on yellow fever etc from the local FA here.

Good work.

The Uruguay game should be quite an experience. Sao Paulo isn't too far from Uruguay (by South American standards) so I expect it'll be like a home game for Uruguay. Plenty of their fans will be driving that one.

The half dozen times I've been to Sao Paulo..... I'd give that a swerve too!

My first trip, I was advised by the guys I was working with to put a chair against the bedroom door handle in the Hotel 'just-in-case', apparently visitors hotel rooms were targeted by people that had 'contacts' in the hotel.

The main river through the city is a sewage outlet to the sea.

I used 'unmarked' taxis that were supplied by the company I was working with, the drivers stopped me from having a window open in case we were mugged.

I used to look forward to my visits to Sao Paulo..... but don't let me put you off! :thumbsup:

I have been all over Brazil and take it from me it is so humid there

I know a couple of people who have been to Manaus before and they said the humidity there is almost off the scale. I've heard some people say 'it'll only be in the low 30s in Brazil, that's not hot at all compared to the temperatures the cricketers play in in Australia', but they don't realise how suffocating and draining the humidity is in the Tropics (and as Manaus is almost bang on the Equator and in the middle of a rainforest, it'll be extremely uncomfortable).

The half dozen times I've been to Sao Paulo..... I'd give that a swerve too!

My first trip, I was advised by the guys I was working with to put a chair against the bedroom door handle in the Hotel 'just-in-case', apparently visitors hotel rooms were targeted by people that had 'contacts' in the hotel.

The main river through the city is a sewage outlet to the sea.

I used 'unmarked' taxis that were supplied by the company I was working with, the drivers stopped me from having a window open in case we were mugged.

I used to look forward to my visits to Sao Paulo..... but don't let me put you off! :thumbsup:

Only down for 2 nights, and travelling with a lad who knows the city well, and, handily, is fluent in Portuguese.  That said, have travelled to enough iffy places in the world to know that you need to apply common sense.

Spent 3 weeks in SA for what was supposed to be a mugging-murder-carjacking-rape-fest, but the only bother we had was one lad leaving his bag in a ground and losing it.

Ha ha, maybe it is a little further than I had appreciated then!

That said, I'm sure there will be a few who will make the journey overland.

Imagine spending 26 hours on the Uruguayan equivalent of CATS coach 1...

no one survives 26 hours in cats coach 1. No one.

Archived