IGNORED

Colin Daniel (Gas Buster) Signs For Port Vale

WTFiGO!?!

Never heard of the bloke. If we want to be pushing for promotion next season why would we sign someone like him ?

There is an article on the bbc website on Jake Buxton how he was released from Mansfield and had to chose between finding a trade or taking a chance with then part time Burton Albion. 6 years later he is going to be playing for a place in the premier league.

Give Colin Daniel a go I say!

Never heard of the bloke. If we want to be pushing for promotion next season why would we sign someone like him ?

You've really never heard of him? He's made one of the greatest contributions to Bristol football in 94 years!

I think we should capitalise on his iconic status due to the feel good factor he'd bring with him. Nothing like having been there and done it in terms of commanding belief in those around you. Make him captain.

Also think we should play an annual friendly with Mansfield, complete with guard of honour, to mark their selfless deeds. Proceeds to go to a Mansfield based charity, maybe? Maybe a Colin Daniel statue fund?

Am gonna get this pic framed and signed by the man himself.

153232505_Daniel_694641c.jpg

Fantastic, in a Gas shirt as well, it has temporarily replaced a picture of the 1967 City team (my first season) as the desktop background on my laptop, I travel all over the country giving presentations, hopefully lots of people will ask me to explain.

Am gonna get this pic framed and signed by the man himself.

153232505_Daniel_694641c.jpg

He's completely euphoric.  :clapping:

It's not as though the game meant much to Mansfield - he just loved sending the gas down!   :clap:  :clap:

What a hero.  :worship2:

:chant6ez: Daniel sent the gas down, Daniel sent the gas down, La La La La.....  :chant6ez:   

From Wikipedia...

Colin Alan Daniel (born 15 February 1988) is an English footballer who plays for League One club Port Vale signing from Mansfield Town F.C.. A left-sided midfielder, he can also play as a winger, full-back, wing-back, or forward. A hero toBristol City F.C. supporters after creating a gas free football league by scoring the goal which turned Bristol Rovers F.C.into a non-league outfit. He is assured of a hero's welcome when Port Vale F.C. visit Ashton Gate

Absolutely brilliant... :clapping:  :laughcont:

Archived