IGNORED

Milner Jack Of All Trades And Master Of None!

mookey

I didn't think England did all that bad considering it was an entire second string back five. Wilshere looked exactly what he is - short of match sharpness. Lampard won't be a starter either, in fact very few of the starting eleven will line up against Italy. Going forward I thought we looked decent and were full of intent accepting that the final ball could have been better - lads like Barkley and the Ox need to learn quickly because three seconds after giving a ball away it can be in your net at the highest level.

Rooney, another player who needs matches, looked a bit better last night and got a very lucky goal but sometimes that can kick start a player. Lambert is certainly a useful option to have - he has that knack of finding the net after not appearing to do much in spells of a game.

People are clamouring for younger lads to be given a go yet when they are and they make the inevitable mistakes somehow English football is in the "dark ages". What a load of vitriolic and ill informed carp that is. We tried, not always succeeding, to play possession football and picked players who can beat a man. We didn't lump it long time after time.

We could have picked a team to beat Ecuador but that wasn't the point of the exercise was it? We know that Ecuador wouldn't have scored the first goal had Cahill been in the middle but Roy already knows that as well. We know Hart is better than Foster and so does Roy. We know that Baines will be left back but Shaw needs game time as well.

But we also learned that Barkley and the Ox could be useful assets and that Lambert won't let us down. The younger players learned the hard way that keeping possession of the ball in the heat and humidity is vital. And Sterling learned a tough lesson too - but young players have to learn these lessons don't they?

It seems a small number of people take these games far too seriously. And if these same people think England can actually win the World Cup they need their heads reading.

some harsh words on here, but what did we learn? well, otherthan who plays with rooney and sturr in the front four, it's as u were for the rest.

also,imo,

smalling,Jones and steve g are all better rb's than poor old jimbob

Jack w is far too lightweight for the role he was

given, is ok in and around the box and did himself no favours at all.

Frank,bless, bit off the pace

am excited about our combinations going forward and don't have any unrealistic expectations

Can't be any worse than he was last night at centre back.

That's where I think Italy will have the edge. Keeping possession at a slower tempo and making us chase the ball....... then we win it back, pump it up the field for strikers to chase but ultimately lose possession back to Italy and resume another period of Italian control....

It's almost like I have seen this before once or twice...  :disapointed2se:

Well we will have to play like a Pulis side.  No possession but nick goals.

That's where I think Italy will have the edge. Keeping possession at a slower tempo and making us chase the ball....... then we win it back, pump it up the field for strikers to chase but ultimately lose possession back to Italy and resume another period of Italian control....

It's almost like I have seen this before once or twice...  :disapointed2se:

How the F did that post twice?

It's strange. I didn't see the game last night but had a quick read of a paper this morning that said how well Rooney, Lampard & Wilshere played.....

A very good reason why you shouldn't read the papers!!

Barkley, Ox & Lambert came out with credit.  The rest didn't.

I didn't think England did all that bad considering it was an entire second string back five. Wilshere looked exactly what he is - short of match sharpness. Lampard won't be a starter either, in fact very few of the starting eleven will line up against Italy. Going forward I thought we looked decent and were full of intent accepting that the final ball could have been better - lads like Barkley and the Ox need to learn quickly because three seconds after giving a ball away it can be in your net at the highest level.

Rooney, another player who needs matches, looked a bit better last night and got a very lucky goal but sometimes that can kick start a player. Lambert is certainly a useful option to have - he has that knack of finding the net after not appearing to do much in spells of a game.

People are clamouring for younger lads to be given a go yet when they are and they make the inevitable mistakes somehow English football is in the "dark ages". What a load of vitriolic and ill informed carp that is. We tried, not always succeeding, to play possession football and picked players who can beat a man. We didn't lump it long time after time.

We could have picked a team to beat Ecuador but that wasn't the point of the exercise was it? We know that Ecuador wouldn't have scored the first goal had Cahill been in the middle but Roy already knows that as well. We know Hart is better than Foster and so does Roy. We know that Baines will be left back but Shaw needs game time as well.

But we also learned that Barkley and the Ox could be useful assets and that Lambert won't let us down. The younger players learned the hard way that keeping possession of the ball in the heat and humidity is vital. And Sterling learned a tough lesson too - but young players have to learn these lessons don't they?

It seems a small number of people take these games far too seriously. And if these same people think England can actually win the World Cup they need their heads reading.

Can't really argue with that.

On the Milner topic though - whilst being an bloody awful right back last night, probably means that at least we won't see him there in the tournament.

That being said, I'm not sure I want to see him anywhere during the tournament.

Well we will have to play like a Pulis side. No possession but nick goals.

Sure, and we may well do that with a lot of luck but it isn't the kind of tactic that'll be enjoyable to watch. Would love to see us stay tight, win the ball and play it quick on the deck to the likes of Barkley, Sturridge and Stirling to run at them but it always seems to end up with a panic and lump. I think, if we get out of the group though, we will have a good chance in the last 16 and no chance in the quarters..... if my very brief scan of the chart today was accurate.

Archived