IGNORED

Is Wilshere Kilkenny In Disguise?

The Original OTIB

At least we (as in OTIB) are consistent. It doesn't matter whether it's City or England, we have to single out a diminutive midfielder for dogs abuse. If anyone's watching the rugby on Saturday morning, Kyle Eastmond is the one who's fault it all is

To be fair, Wilshire was caught in possession many times and each time he immediately hit the deck.

He's better than that and I hope he can show it next time.

If not, he won't get a world cup game imo.

As I said on t'other thread; shocking first half, pretty good second half. Another one likely to be short of match fitness

can't tackle, falls over in a fart, points and moans. Fancies a punch up when he's got 10 men behind him... sound familiar?

falling over?? He's fouled constantly. His touch and movement take him away from players with ease and they have no choice but to bring him down.

He brings tempo to the midfield, keeps the ball moving, has the best pass completion. Better ball from Barkeky in the first minute and he was in.

falling over?? He's fouled constantly. His touch and movement take him away from players with ease and they have no choice but to bring him down.

He brings tempo to the midfield, keeps the ball moving, has the best pass completion. Better ball from Barkeky in the first minute and he was in.

Well, frankly he needs to be stronger on the ball then because given the dangerous area of the pitch he plays in one day the ref won't give the foul that Wilshere tries to buy and it'll lead directly to a goal. Tempo to the midfield? I can't say I've ever seen him come close to controlling a game, and again given the position he plays in that's something he needs to improve vastly on.

Well, frankly he needs to be stronger on the ball then because given the dangerous area of the pitch he plays in one day the ref won't give the foul that Wilshere tries to buy and it'll lead directly to a goal. Tempo to the midfield? I can't say I've ever seen him come close to controlling a game, and again given the position he plays in that's something he needs to improve vastly on.

I don't think it's his job to control the game, Roy would have given him a specific task which I believe would have been the link man in midfield.

Watch him move the ball, it's almost always a forward action. I appreciate he doesn't drive at the defence like Berkely does and doesn't try and hit Hollywood passes like Gerrard.

To compare him to Killkenny is a joke to be honest.

Well the Spanish midfield are hardly strongest on the ball, they hit the floor on every opportunity and yet they've won the last three tournaments.

Well the Spanish midfield are hardly strongest on the ball, they hit the floor on every opportunity and yet they've won the last three tournaments.

Cant compare Wilshere to any of the Spanish midfield. His ball retention is dire, gives it away far too cheaply and CONSTANTLY ends up going getting caught up in some sort of physical battle the majority of the time.. I think Wilshere at times trys to model himself on The way Messi rolls his way out of challenges and darts in and out of tight spaces. Unfortunately Jack you dont have his talent so please stop it, play the ball simple it will probably work better for you..

Its not by chance the likes of Pirlo Xavi Iniesta ozil and the like have time and space when they recieve the ball.. Barkley looks to have this rare ability at times too aswell which is the reason many in the footballing world see him as a better prospect than Wilshere..

What I couldn't believe was reading this morning that Hodgson singled Wilshere out for praise whilst essentially slating Barkley for mistakes he made. I hope this is just a bit of smoke and mirrors to keep the press guessing what he's thinking.

Barkley was largely excellent last night and Wilshere was frankly awful.

Cant compare Wilshere to any of the Spanish midfield. His ball retention is dire, gives it away far too cheaply and CONSTANTLY ends up going getting caught up in some sort of physical battle the majority of the time.. I think Wilshere at times trys to model himself on The way Messi rolls his way out of challenges and darts in and out of tight spaces. Unfortunately Jack you dont have his talent so please stop it, play the ball simple it will probably work better for you..

Its not by chance the likes of Pirlo Xavi Iniesta ozil and the like have time and space when they recieve the ball.. Barkley looks to have this rare ability at times too aswell which is the reason many in the footballing world see him as a better prospect than Wilshere..

You say you can't compare him to the Spanish midfield then go and compare him to Messi. Jesus give him a break.

Last night he had the best pass completion percentage so don't know how that means he has bad ball retention.

If someone looked out of place last night it was Lampard not Wilshire.

Correct about the first minute thing.

He runs into players when he has no right to, then falls over expecting a free kick.

Not a smart way to play if he doesn't get his free kick as he has a) lost the ball and b) taken himself out of the game as one of the protective central midfielders.

I bet Italy are hoping he starts against them.

Archived