IGNORED

England V Honduras

Bristol Rob

Honestly, Rooney; how the hell can anyone call him world class.

As for Childs, he's got the England manager in front of him and he talks about the weather, probe him with questions about that little thing that starts next week!!!!!!

Still if this was the BBC we'd be listening to lawro, lineker et al................small pleasures.

Cus Rooney is the best we got, fact.

What is this obsession with putting down our best players before a big tournament?

Lets just try to support the players for one tournament!

FACT is that's an opinion. Yours not mine may I add. As for supporting the players, as a team and unit I do.

Thanks for the reminder though x

Goals and assist record would suggest its fact.

There does seem to be something with English fans to pick out our 'better' players for unfair criticism. Lets see how Rooney performs at the world cup first.

Cus Rooney is the best we got, fact.

What is this obsession with putting down our best players before a big tournament?

Lets just try to support the players for one tournament!

If fact is the bullshit the English media peddle then he is, and one of the best in Europe as well.

My eyes tell me he is bang average and the media and those that buy into their BS must imagine he has good games every time he pulls on a England top.

If fact is the bullshit the English media peddle then he is, and one of the best in Europe as well.

My eyes tell me he is bang average and the media and those that buy into their BS must imagine he has good games every time he pulls on a England top.

Close to 200 premier league goals, 39 international goals. Numerous premiership titles and a champions league winner.

Bang average you say...?

Why is it when there is a poor team performance Rooney takes the brunt of the blame. Maybe people like you expect too much from him?

Close to 200 premier league goals, 39 international goals. Numerous Premier League titles and a champions league winner.

Bang average you say...?

Why is it when there is a poor team performance Rooney takes the brunt of the blame. Maybe people like you expect too much from him?

Yep. Massively overhyped. He averages about 13 league goals a season in one of the most creative teams in England. Apart from 2 seasons where he shone. Likewise most of his England goals come in friendlies and the easier qualifying games. Bang average who benefitted from being in a top team to keep his apparent brilliance at the forefront of the game.

Yep. Massively overhyped. He averages about 13 league goals a season in one of the most creative teams in England. Apart from 2 seasons where he shone. Likewise most of his England goals come in friendlies and the easier qualifying games. Bang average who benefitted from being in a top team to keep his apparent brilliance at the forefront of the game.

Totally agree - even Man U fans say he's not a big game man. Completely over rated, I'd have him on the bench next week.

And he has been a leading player in one of the most creative teams in England

And he has been a leading player in one of the most creative teams in England

If he was as great as people made out he would score in world cups as the bigger qualifying games. He doesn't. Don't believe the hype.

Bang average you say...?

I just expect him to do something once in a while...anything in fact - that illustrates why he's A) world class, and B) Our best player.

I think at this present moment in time he is neither, and by a long way.

Bench for Wayne please.

Totally agree - even Man U fans say he's not a big game man. Completely over rated, I'd have him on the bench next week.

Aye. I just not sure what people see in the bloke. Does not score as many as he should. Doesn't create as many as he should. Appalling first touch and still plays the game like a kid, I.e. runs all over the pitch, getting in the way of team mates in their position. That said he seems to do that less now and actually looks fairly lazy ambling about up top not making space for teammates. Over rated and only getting worse.

Archived