IGNORED

Huge Away Support

sglosbcfc

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/DivisionalAttendance/0,,10794~201326,00.html

I have just been looking at the Football League website to see how losing Bristol Rovers' enormous away support might affect clubs next year. Interesting only Newport County had their largest home gate v The Gas and two clubs - Accrington and Fleetwood, actually recorded their lowest gates of the season when the North Bristol hordes descended. It almost makes you think their boasts of a huge travelling support are somewhat exaggerated.

There is a lot of bollox talked about the gas, like the article below from our favourite local newspaper regarding former Bristol Rovers star Scott Sinclair, Bristol Rovers star? he only played in 2 games FFS. 

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-Rovers-star-Scott-Sinclair-banned/story-21199750-detail/story.html

Incidentally IMO he is yet another product of all that is wrong about football a very average player, 25 years old almost certainly a millionaire, loves all of the trappings, publicity, image and ego associated with the game but has played in only 17 games in the past 2 seasons, went on a season long loan to WBA and apart from 6 games spent the rest of the season in their reserves, I wonder if they'll take up their option to sign him permanently?.

Perhaps a great potential signing for the gas.

Another Gas thread,  :facepalm:

Obsessed I tell ya!

You love 'em, rough - you must be the only poster to post on all of them!

Quietest time of the year for the forum and until we get some City news the gas will continue to be mocked, and rightly so. 

You could always post your own thread if you've got something you find more interesting to contribute.

Obsessed I tell ya!

Take a chill pill Ten, nothing happening at City just now, England are playing like 3 legged Donkeys. However the Blue few are lurching from C**k up to C**k up and making us laugh.

Out of interest, I wonder which club has the largest away support in the UK as a percentage of home support? I would imagine it would work out a small lower league club who had a great season last time out. That means they have a lowish home support but then a good percentage of them that would be up for travelling to a lot of away games.

Out of interest, I wonder which club has the largest away support in the UK as a percentage of home support? I would imagine it would work out a small lower league club who had a great season last time out. That means they have a lowish home support but then a good percentage of them that would be up for travelling to a lot of away games.

Got to be wolves

Obsessed I tell ya!

Well I for one think it's great that despite our status as a league 3 club with full time professional players that some of our fans continue to take an interest in the local non-league game.  At that level the game may be run by enthusiastic amateurs with semi-pro players but it is the grass roots of our game. Remember that Mark Shail came up from non-league.

Without the part-time players and handful of bobble-hatted yet loyal supporters at these small local clubs there would be no pyramid and no roots.  So three cheers for Bristol Manor Farm, Yate, Weston-Super Mare, Bristol Rovers and the mighty Mangos.  All clubs which, despite their small size and small following, have a long history and a contribution to make to the local football scene.

Didn't think about Coventry, good shout. I bet some of the club's with tiny but loyal home supports do well as well in terms of percentage travelling e.g. Accrington and Dagenham

But aren't Coventry boycotting their home games, (are they still at Northampton?) so it stands to reason the fans who want to see their team will travel in numbers, giving a false picture.

As the Gas are being discussed on here I'm wondering if there will be similar unrest there and they will travel in greater numbers to away matches. Maybe not this season as ST's have been purchased but certainly next season if they are where they are (or worse!) with no new stadium etc. They will enjoy the boast of saying we took 500 to Gateshead or somewhere.

Archived