IGNORED

Danny Haynes

TheRedHalf

I bumped into Danny Haynes yesterday and had a quick chat with him. I jokingly asked him to come back to city to which he replied that they are already in talks. His wife's family all live in the area and he is keen to move back. Don't know how advanced the talks are, could be nothing really, just wondered what people's views on h coming back would be?

Did a ground tour a few years back when Danny was at the gate, was an absolute gent had time for a chat and gave my kids a pair of signed football boots each, could not speak high enough of the guy was a top bloke.

I bumped into Danny Haynes yesterday and had a quick chat with him. I jokingly asked him to come back to city to which he replied that they are already in talks. His wife's family all live in the area and he is keen to move back. Don't know how advanced the talks are, could be nothing really, just wondered what people's views on h coming back would be?

Hope you weren't expecting sensible replies.

This is OTIB.

I saw him yesterday too and he said he's not good enough to play for us. Honest.

There you go - panic over.

If he actually said this his self awareness must be in the top 5% of all footballers.

He wouldn't be my first choice as back up to Baldock but we do need to remember we are shopping at Aldi now, not Waitrose..

If he actually said this his self awareness must be in the top 5% of all footballers.

He wouldn't be my first choice as back up to Baldock but we do need to remember we are shopping at Aldi now, not Waitrose..

But you have to remember Aldi is good on prices, yet the quality of the food is as good if not better than Waitrose. Its where anyone who isn't a brand junkie should be shopping.

So I reckon Mr Haynes may be a Asda Smart price buy.

Jokes aside, Haynes is okay, on form very good outlet, but even on form his finishing was poor for us.

I'm not particularly an advocate of players returning, but perhaps experience may have helped the "headless chicken" part of his game.

If only it'd helped his finishing as well.

I don't think a football brain is something that can be taught or even gained with experience, it's something innate and he never had one.  

Can't remember the game but DH spent about seventy minutes absolutely turning their left back inside out with his pace.The defender must have been thrilled when Danny got subbed,only to be replaced by...........Ivan Sproule!

I'm not particularly an advocate of players returning, but perhaps experience may have helped the "headless chicken" part of his game.

If only it'd helped his finishing as well.

I saw him play a few times for Hibs at the end of the season and he looks like he is nowhere near as good as he was when a City player, in other words we need to look elsewhere.

More of a winger than a striker, remember him tearing West Brom a new un when we played them on the TV. I always liked him and he is different to what we have at the moment. Would be ideal to play RW/LW if we are ever to play that formation. If he WANTS to join us then I'd be happy with him signing.

More of a winger than a striker, remember him tearing West Brom a new unwhen we played them on the TV. I always liked him and he is different to what we have at the moment. Would be ideal to play RW/LW if we are ever to play that formation. If he WANTS to join us then I'd be happy with him signing.

Is he that different? Will run a lot, like wagstaff. Less end product than wagstaff, scores less goals than wagstaff. Basically a downgrade!

Plus side is he can play forward

More of a winger than a striker, remember him tearing West Brom a new un when we played them on the TV. I always liked him and he is different to what we have at the moment. Would be ideal to play RW/LW if we are ever to play that formation. If he WANTS to join us then I'd be happy with him signing.

He can't even stand on his left foot let alone use it! He would be a big backward step for us and I find it hard to believe how anyone would be happy with it.

Archived