IGNORED

New Nottingham Forest Shirt

MarcusX

Yet when we release a new kit, everyone screams for a retro style shirt

No, I don't.  I'd love to see City wearing something contemporary but understated.

Can't abide all this retro crap.

Especially not some Adidas "Can't be arsed" effort like this.

Yet when we release a new kit, everyone screams for a retro style shirt

not retro just simple mate,

red shirt white shorts, none of this black bar crap or arsenal style shirts,

but our away kits are normally quite nice

I think we need to do something to our kit that gives us an identity. Something that makes us instantly recognisable. So when peopke see us on tv they know straight away that its Bristol City. Our kits almost always look the same as barnsley, swindon, middlesborough, aberdeen etc.Obviously keep the same colours but something simple like pinstripes or a wide diagonal line/sash on the front like river plate or vasco de gama. Something that we could keep going into the future. If there is 1 thing that I'm jealous of the gas for its that they have an instantly recognisable kit. A theme that has continued through the decades. We try to do something different with our kit every year but don't stick with it.

I think we need to do something to our kit that gives us an identity. Something that makes us instantly recognisable. So when peopke see us on tv they know straight away that its Bristol City. Our kits almost always look the same as barnsley, swindon, middlesborough, aberdeen etc.Obviously keep the same colours but something simple like pinstripes or a wide diagonal line/sash on the front like river plate or vasco de gama. Something that we could keep going into the future. If there is 1 thing that I'm jealous of the gas for its that they have an instantly recognisable kit. A theme that has continued through the decades. We try to do something different with our kit every year but don't stick with it.

Go back to the all red kit from the John Galley era. Not many play in all red except Liverpool.

While we're at it, all white for the away kit.

the reason for that is we all use the same supplier and they only give us about 4 or 5 templates to choose from, thats why it looks the same,

One season we have white shorts and socks, the next we'll have white shorts and red socks, then red shorts and white socks. Pick something and stick with it. I started watching city when Wayne Allison, junior bent, Andy Llewellyn played. We wore a red shirt with a white collar, white shorts and white socks. To me that's what we should be wearing all the time but others will remember different kits.

Hate pinstripes. In reply to the poster who wants us to create an identity with our kit a huge no to the diagonal sash thing, reminds me at best majorettes and at worse the Gas who had such a kit.

If we really want to create an identity we need to get the badge right, which I don't think we have. We need the suspension bridge and robin to feature heavily. Many kits look similar but most are instantly identifiable from the badge, that's what I look at before colour or sponsor if I see one I don't recognise when I'm out and about.

Can't stand us in all red. But what really narks me off is constant changing of away colours. No identity whatsoever.

Red / white / red for home and white / black / white for away forever would be fine by me.

Also while we're at it, I hate when our away shorts are the same colour as the home kit. This means whenever we play someone away with the same colour shorts we have to change and end up looking like a Sunday league team that doesn't have their proper kit.

And another thing....

Archived