IGNORED

Help Required Ingerland Colour!?

REDOXO

No reason not to wear white but who knows, Spain and Holland both played in their away kits last night (this winds me up way more than it should)

Both teams should be in their home kits when there is no clash, IMO!

Does red not clash with orange?

Mrs Bridesmaid was surprised that i agreed with her choice  over a decision to buy a White T shirt and Navy bermuda Shorts.I have n't told her yet that it's England's colours  ! :englandflag:  :rolleyes:

Have never understood why we've worn white shirts and blue shorts over the years, our flag is red and white.

I know some countries wear colours that are nothing to do with the colours on their flag (eg Holland, Italy, Northern Ireland etc) but I want our colours to reflect the St George flag....

Have never understood why we've worn white shirts and blue shorts over the years, our flag is red and white.

I know some countries wear colours that are nothing to do with the colours on their flag (eg Holland, Italy, Northern Ireland etc) but I want our colours to reflect the St George flag....

The Blue comes from the colour of the Union Jack. Before the rise of Welsh and Scot nationalist England did mean Britain. Look at the footage of 66 not one St George's Cross in the Crowd . Also if you watch the film the Italian job all the fans are wearing red , white and blue. Even the 1982 World Cup for England there is a verse " hear the roar of the red white and blue".

Things have now changed I think it's right that England now have a red trim on the white kit and not blue.

Absolutely - and another pet hate of mine is why do we sing the British National Anthem? The Welsh and Scottish would not be seen dead singing this so why should the English? :ranting:

Absolutely - and another pet hate of mine is why do we sing the British National Anthem? The Welsh and Scottish would not be seen dead singing this so why should the English? :ranting:

Because, when it comes down to it, England is still interchangeable with Britain.  Wales is a mere principality and Scotland is............. well Scotland is..................... well it's just a bunch of ginger haired, skirt wearing, deep fried Mars Bar eaters.  It's like Barrow Gurney used to be to Bristol.

Archived