IGNORED

Rail Seats

Go Junior GO

Use the seats (whenever they are in) yes, but only in the locked down position until the football league/FA change the rules.

And the prices will be the same, as the capacity will be unchanged, the current plan is to keep a 1:1 ratio of standing to sitting I believe

• Admin

When they are put in the dolman at xmas are city fans going to be able to use then and if so can surely tickets will be cheaper

Don't imagine the area will be finished until the summer.

Of course if we are doing well and games are selling out there may be an arguement to open the sections early.

But on the basis that people with Season tickets in the Lower Dolman are choosing their seast for the second half of the season somewhere else, I can't see them being used until the start of 2015/16 season - and then that is assuming they are actually still put in, who knows what will happen between now and installation time

I'm sure I read from someone on here that's heavily involved in the SafeStanding campaign that the seats hadn't been given the ok to use in the FL yet

Because they are new, the FA or whoever is responsible need to authorise them for use while watching football - The Arsenal, Brighton & MK Seats had to go through this recently

That's before you start thinking about the safe standing element ...

The rail seats won't be put in front of the Dolman at Christmas. The new section in front of the Dolman won't be installed until after the end of the 2014-15 season when the pitch is moved 5 metres.

Use the seats (whenever they are in) yes, but only in the locked down position until the football league/FA change the rules.

And the prices will be the same, as the capacity will be unchanged, the current plan is to keep a 1:1 ratio of standing to sitting I believe

I've seen that stated as well, never seen an eplanation as to why though. In Germany it's more like 2:1, or at least 3:2 isn't it?

Surprising -  and disappointing - because I thought increasing capacity (particularly now we're staying at AG) and potentially making fotball more affordable were big plus points to having them installed.

I've seen that stated as well, never seen an eplanation as to why though. In Germany it's more like 2:1, or at least 3:2 isn't it?

Surprising -  and disappointing - because I thought increasing capacity (particularly now we're staying at AG) and potentially making fotball more affordable were big plus points to having them installed.

elf and safety thats why.

To my mind increasing capacity, reducing prices and introducing a more 'terraces' atmosphere would all be a big plus point. The problem, though, is that this will not be allowed to happen. They will keep the ratio at 1:1 and then tell us "You've got your safe standing, why are you moaning?" whilst putting up the price for the privilege. Exactly the reason why it's hard to get very excited about the prospect.

elf and safety thats why.

Or is it just a presumption H&S will object, so City are going for a sightly less controversial option hoping at least the watered down one will succeed?

As I say, VERY disappointing - there's no added risk in 2:1/3:2 whatsoever and City should be going all out for that.

Just point H&S in the direction of Germany if they do have any problem.

Proven to be safe there, is it not?

1:1 should be a last resort option if H&S object, and succeed, not a first choice.

You will be able to buy season tickets in the rail seats area. For the same reason that there aren't more special offers on tickets now (ST holders moan because it reduces the value of their ticket) then the rail seat areas will remain a constant capacity. You will probably have to stand in the designated spot on your ticket as well.

City are trying to lead the way in installing the rail seats, but they will not ba able to be used for standing at Football until the FA agree to change the rules.

Stating a replacement ratio of 1:1 rather than 2:1 or 3:2 is going to give the FA alot less potential concern than basically saying "we want to install them so that we can squeeze more people into the area"

The FA have no need to change the rules. We are trying to convince them that it is a positive thing. The FA will not in any way shape or form change the rules if there is any kind of increased risk etc.

The best we can hope for is a 1:1 ratio, at least initially and I guess it would take years of proof of safety and no concerns before they might allow any clubs to increase their capacity be increasing the ratio.

Or is it just a presumption H&S will object, so City are going for a sightly less controversial option hoping at least the watered down one will succeed?

As I say, VERY disappointing - there's no added risk in 2:1/3:2 whatsoever and City should be going all out for that.

Just point H&S in the direction of Germany if they do have any problem.

Proven to be safe there, is it not?

1:1 should be a last resort option if H&S object, and succeed, not a first choice.

It's not just us having problems http://www.celticfc.net/news/6040

Archived