IGNORED

Leeds Utd

Big Red Rich

Not the most obvious appointment is it? Can't see the Leeds fans being very patient with him, they'll want a 'name'. If he's a nice bloke as people say, it's a shame he's gone to scummy Leeds.

Whoever is the coach the last word on team selection will go to the Italian owner as he has stated already.

Thank goodness that we have Steve Lansdown as our owner as he is a fan not someone who sees the club as a plaything as so many of these owner do.

He's got the job through internal reputation and reccomendation via:

Watford>Zola>Italians running Watford>Cellino

He's impressed thoroughly enough before FGR to get the job.

Wasn't too bad for FGR and raised their benchmark, along with the additional funds their owner provided.

Yan Klukowski and other players owe Hockaday.

Wasn't too bad for FGR and raised their benchmark, along with the additional funds their owner provided.

Not really. He did OK to begin with but not brilliantly. Whilst he can't be blamed for the "relegation" at the start of his tenure as he was operating with a tiny budget back then, he achieved only a minimal amount with the money thrown at him.

Jim Harvey, Colin Addison and Frank Gregan all produced equally good sides on a lower budget, and in Harvey's case they played some excellent football too.

Dale Vince has raised the benchmark. Hockaday just tagged along for the ride.

Not really. He did OK to begin with but not brilliantly. Whilst he can't be blamed for the "relegation" at the start of his tenure as he was operating with a tiny budget back then, he achieved only a minimal amount with the money thrown at him.

Jim Harvey, Colin Addison and Frank Gregan all produced equally good sides on a lower budget, and in Harvey's case they played some excellent football too.

Dale Vince has raised the benchmark. Hockaday just tagged along for the ride.

Agree on that Dan. Speak to any FGR fan they will probably say the same.

Hockaday had one of the biggest budgets in the division with some very good players at that level and couldnt deliver the goods.

Weather Pillock....I mean Pennock can do the business remains to be seen.

They keep announcing the appointment on radio 5.I swear each time the reporter reads it out he sounds more and more surprised 'his only previous managerial experience was with Forest Green Rovers...' Wonder how many times they were Googled today!

I'm amazed he even got an interview.

Well considering SOD did well up there with Doncaster before, was doing the right things at a big club in Forest before and also did well at Bournemouth then no it doesnt amaze me, woof.

The only club he was awful at is us and Crawley who didnt even play a game under him.

Well considering SOD did well up there with Doncaster before, was doing the right things at a big club in Forest before and also did well at Bournemouth then no it doesnt amaze me, woof.

The only club he was awful at is us and Crawley who didnt even play a game under him.

This club really is a graveyard for good reputations...

Archived